Location: Quetta, Pakistan
Deadline:November 30, 2022
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join IWMI as an Administrative Officer.
The Administrative Officer will work with a team of staff at IWMI to support the delivery of the multiple projects at Pakistan office. The Administrative Officer contributes to the success of the IWMI Pakistan project portfolio by providing administrative and financial support to staff and partners in the IWMI Pakistan Quetta field office. The Administrative Officer will ensure all IWMI policies and practices processes are maintained to the highest possible standards to ensure compliance with IWMI and donors’ requirements. Administrative Officer will proactively develop finance and administration procedures and maintain records and filing systems, ensures effective client, partner and visitor interface and coordinates IWMI Field Office activities.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the IWMI Pakistan in the management of the project activities, including recommending and implementing policies and processes, developing/maintaining and updating administrative procedures, developing and maintaining record/filing systems, ensuring effective customer interface for visitors, and coordinating workshops, conferences, etc.
- Assist the IWMI Pakistan’s researcher and Management team in interactions with relevant government agencies and other partners.
- Manage the field office space and environment, including finance and administration, maintenance, cleaning, health and safety, security & transport.
- Oversee the work of other support staff, ensure that research staff has adequate administrative support, ensuring the smooth functioning of travel arrangements and other logistics for special events such as workshops, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Provide programmatic support to research staff by generating periodic project reports as required by IWMI’s headquarters and IWMI’s partners/donors as per specified timelines, updating project records on e-project/e-filing, and other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Asset management (fixed and moveable): procurement, maintain a proper record and tracking of all assets, and periodically reviewing functionality and use. Ensure all equipment – office, scientific, vehicles are properly maintained and working, and any obsolete equipment is managed according to IWMI policy, and;
- Undertake relevant assignments as requested by the IWMI Pakistan management from time to time.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in business administration, Commerce or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in finance and administration, preferably with government/international organizations with increasing responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates good judgement and initiative and highly adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent service delivery approach.
- Presentable, professional.
- Good administrative/management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong personal organization skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Good command in Windows Operating System Environment.
- Good IT skills particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of English.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of Urdu.
- Ability and willingness to travel to other cities across Pakistan.
This is a nationally recruited position and only Pakistani nationals are eligible to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The duration of the contract will be for a three-year period with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, cover letter which addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who will be contacted if you are shortlisted for the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through 24:00 (IST) on November 30, 2022 (Wednesday).
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.