I)Organizational Context and Scope
In the 2022 Monsoon Pakistan experienced an unprecedented amount of rainfall resulting in mega flooding estimating around one-third of the country to be submerged in water. In other estimates, more than 33 million people have been impacted by the monsoon floods in the country since mid-June. The areas that have sustained the most severe damage are the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, and Sindh provinces. Sindh province was especially hard hit. To date, 72 districts across Pakistan have been declared ‘calamity hit’ by the Govt.
The Community Resilience Activity-North (CRA-N) Project is designed to support community-level DRR, Resilience, and conflict prevention activities within the flood-affected districts in all three provinces; In order to help the current flood-hit communities, CRA-North aims to address various needs of people ensuring that they ‘build back better’ with reduced vulnerabilities and become resilient communities. CRA-North will pursue a multi-disciplinary and community-participatory approach and will work in close coordination with the Government of Pakistan (GoP) at the district, regional and national levels.
The Community Resilience Officer will be working directly under the leadership of the CRA-North District Team Leader (DTL) and under the overall supervision of the CRA-North District Regional Team Leader. The Community Resilience Officer will provide technical and administrative support in the implementation of the program within his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR)
II)Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Community Resilience Officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the DTL in the implementation and monitoring of program activities.
- Work in coordination with the programming, engineering, M&E team Units, and related project stakeholders.
- Schedule and participate in planned project site visits, assessing the pace and quality of programming activities and providing written updates to the DTL on a timely basis.
- Support the DTL in maintaining CRA-North Project stakeholder relationships within the district
- Assist the DTL in the coordination of workshops and public events.
- Submit bi-weekly reports to the DTL; while contributing to overall project deliverables as required.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the district and its diverse communities, while contributing to the design and implementation of district community activities requirements.
- Report regularly on the implementation environment within the district, presenting information to the DTL on the geographical, cultural, and political aspects of the district.
- Organize and maintain programmatic records and documentation, project databases, field activity records, project correspondence, etc., ensuring that these records are available for inclusion in project deliverables and reports as required.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
III)Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree: Political Science, International Relations, Development studies, and Agriculture and equivalent social sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with community development project implementation, preferably with experience in identifying and addressing community resilience gaps and understanding how to strengthen community cohesion.
- Proven experience in writing, editing, and critical thinking.
- Capacity to understand and analyze the local, district, and regional implementation environment and how this environment caters to the effective design and implementation of CRA-North programming suitable to the geographical, cultural, and political context.
- Knowledge and experience working with USAID-funded resilience/DRR-focused programs are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with UN Agencies are preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Urdu, with proficiency in Sindhi, are considered a distinct advantage.
(specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in English & Urdu
We would encourage Female candidates to apply