An international nonprofit organization that works with people around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources seeks applications for the position of Business Development Specialist
- Develop work plan for supporting target beneficiaries and partners in the target areas for enhancing their capacities to benefit from the existing and emerging market opportunities by effectively participating in PAD Project planned interventions especially in-kind grants (infrastructure).
- Contribute in the review and evaluation of grant applications for infrastructure projects including identifying market-driven investments that generate broad-based economic benefits and promote investment in the sector.
- Evaluate identified business opportunities and technically support the development of business plans/proposals for securing grants under PAD project and conduct value-chain analysis for the proposed investments to ensure incremental economic benefits and creation of shared value for all partners.
- Work with selected value chain potential partners especially PAD infrastructure grantees, guide and technically support them in doing business in an organized manner involving record keeping, market analysis, development of business plans, resource mobilization & efficient utilization, cash flows, returns, risks and mitigation measures, etc.
- Liaise with applicants/potential grantees including farmers, traders and agribusinesses to further assess business propositions and gather relevant information through questionnaires, in-person meetings and consultation sessions.
- Must have Masters’ degree in Economics, Business Administration or related disciplines.
- 3-4 years of experience with INGO/local NGO or a project particularly in the SME or/and Micro enterprise support function.
- Strong writing and financial modeling skills.
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both English and Urdu required.
- A willingness to travel to all provinces of Pakistan.
- Able to produce high quality work under pressure and deadlines.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to [email protected] clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email latest by 20 September, 2021.
Only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.