Under the overall supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Chief of Party/Programme Manager, and in accordance with directives received from the Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for conducting Environmental Impact assessment (EIA) for all projects when required and assure that a proper monitoring for the projects is organized from an environment impact point of view.
II. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Environmental Impact Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a sound knowledge and understanding of Pakistan and newly merged tribal districts EIA legislation.
- Prepare an Environmental risk mitigation plan to be included in the grant proposal and ensure the recommendations are implemented.
- Train engineer and Field Staff on EIA, to ensure that environment aspects are considered during the all phase of grants implementation.
- Production of monthly EIA program information reports for internal consumption.
- Travelling to the field sites on need bases
- Other activities to be specified by senior management
- Should have the ability to work independently.
- Monitoring & supervision knowledge
- Should have natural ability to identify issues/gaps and its possible solutions.
- In depth knowledge of USAID environmental policies
IV) Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering/Environmental Sciences/ Environmental Impact Assessment with 03 to 04 years of experience in the related field or
- At least Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering /Environmental Sciences with up to 05 years of experience or more in the related field.
Urdu and English
We would encourage Female candidate to apply.