Qualification & Experience:
- Master Degree in social sciences especially education will be an added asset
- In-depth understanding of educational needs of development sector in rural and urban areas on Sindh and especially Umerkot
- At least 3 years of experience in similar projects with CSOs
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Proficient knowledge of computer skills especially word, inpage and excel
- Have practically worked with diverse community and partner organizations
- Able to travel, work in a team and attentive listener
- Understanding of field area would be an added
- Well confident, demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity to conduct all activities with ease
The job will involve a large amount of field & desk work. The Project officer will have to develop a thorough and overall knowledge of the projects/programs, so as to be familiar with Organizations' implementing strategies and so h/she can effectively report on them.
- Assist in obtaining MoU and activity permission letters from line department
- Conducting project baseline in field
- Planning, conducting teachers trainings on pedagogical skills, learning environment, ECCE, science and English
- Planning and conducting coordination meetings with Stakeholders in Umerkot
- Keeping narrative and financial record of the project activities as per standard requirement
- Keeping proper record of all education project inventory with support of operations in field office
Follow up, Monitoring & Reporting:
- Carry out follow up of project activities with project stakeholders in field and district level as and when required
- Ensuring implementation of trainings into schools through providing regular technical support to teachers, head teachers and SMCs
- Report all field activities on agreed reporting format
- Coordinate with district education department, teachers, SMCs, CSOs working on education and other project stakeholders and keeping close and smooth working relations
- Coordination with operation, finance, HR and other departments of Organization.
- Participate in project related meetings/trainings/workshops in city or outside city etc.
• Proven experience of working in field projects with CSOs, line departments
• Good understanding of CSOs, working structure and challenges
• Passionate, motivated and keen to work on field issues including providing right to quality education to schools in villages through solving teachers problems and working with SMCs and other stakeholders
- Demonstrates initiative and suggests creative improvements and better ways of solving problems of teachers, senior teachers, SMCs
- Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of the partners and stakeholders engaged in similar project activities
Motivating and influencing others
- Speaks out clearly for organizational values and beliefs
- Ensures feedback from project participating organizations and other stakeholders is incorporated in project design, implementation & learning
- Ensure efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal control mechanism
Working with Others
- Contributes positively in team to achieve programme objectives
- Take responsibility for own work and its impact on others
- Plans, priorities and performs tasks well under
- Maintains ethical and professional behavior in accordance with organizational code of conduct
Adapting and Coping
- Remains constructive and positive under stress to be tolerate difficult field environment working with project stakeholders
Languages: Profound command of English, Urdu and Sindhi – verbal and written
Sensitivity: The Project Officer (PO) must be tolerant and sensitive to needs of religious and ethnic minorities, women, children and the poor.
Independence: In the absence of the supervisor, PO must have the confidence, initiative, patience and integrity to work independently.
Accountability: PO is required to follow Accountability Framework and commitment to the Codes of Conduct practised by the organisation. H/she will ensure his/her commitment to the organisation mission and values and for working in accordance to his/her job expectations.
Apply on mentioned link: https://forms.gle/ijAU8sEuESQDGuFW9
The position is required to be filled on immediate basis. Candidates assessment will be started as soon as we receive applications.