Position Title: Call Centre Lawyer
Location of Work Station: Sindh (Karachi)
Type of Job: Contractual
Reporting to: Chief Legal Advisor and Program Manager
A Call Centre Lawyer has the basic responsibility of receiving incoming calls, noting down the details of the legal query and advising the caller with relevant and appropriate legal solutions based on the laws of the country. For simple queries the solution may be provided immediately but for complex problems the solution is provided within 24 hours after doing the necessary research and consultation with the Chief Legal Advisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Call Centre Lawyer will be responsible for performing the following duties but shall not be limited to:
- Receiving incoming calls in a polite manner and listening patiently to the caller’s problem(s).
- Using questioning and listening skills in asking relevant information about the caller and the query and recording the details in the CRM using the IT system.
- Collecting and inserting all mandatory fields of information for each query in the CRM.
- Using appropriate ways to communicate with the caller with different behaviour patterns.
- Communicating with the caller in the language of his/her choice.
- Transferring the call to another agent with appropriate language skills where necessary in case he/she is unable to communicate in the desired language.
- Be fully aware of the IT System, its capabilities and CRM being used to capture the details of the caller and the problem in text form.
- Ensuring that the problem and the proposed solution is entered in simple and easy to follow English which is clearly understandable by the Chief Legal Advisor in reviewing the data entered and closing the query.
- Using expeditious legal research and/or consultations with the Chief Legal Advisor, if needed, before providing an appropriate solution to the caller.
- Making outgoing follow up calls to the callers in order to get further clarifications or for advising the caller with a solution.
- Making outgoing calls to the callers who have recorded their messages using overnight voice mail facility.
- Participating in research activities, when assigned, in collecting feed backs from the earlier callers.
Integrated into our shared values is LAS’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, age, race, colour, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics or conduct protected by law. LAS is committed to being an inclusive organization where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at LAS has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a diverse environment.
REQUIREMENTS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Enrolled Advocates in the High Court and Sindh Bar Council with at least 2-3 years of practice & experience in Civil, Criminal, Family law matters are required for the purposes of providing legal advisory services to underprivileged segments of society.
- Candidate must possess good knowledge of the Civil and Criminal Procedures and relevant laws, i.e. the Pakistan Penal Code, Control of Narcotics Substances Act, Muslim Family Law Ordinance, 1961, Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939, Rent Restriction Acts, Property Laws, Companies Ordinance, 1984, etc.
- Candidate must possess excellent Verbal Communication, Phone Skills, Listening, Data Entry Skills, People Skills, Informing, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Multi-tasking.
- Must be able to conduct expeditious legal research to answer legal query as fast as possible;
- Must be able to communicate orally in English, Urdu, and Sindhi.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
Interested candidates may apply online latest by 12th December, 2023.
In case of any query please email at [email protected]
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for test & interview.
The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
For further information please visit http//www.las.org.pk.