DevCon An Association for Rural Developmnet
Civil Engineer WASH - Male
DevCon An Association for Rural Developmnet2045 views
|Posted date||22nd May, 2023||Last date to apply||4th June, 2023|
The Civil Engineer WASH will ensure that consistent high quality, technically viable water, sanitation and hygiene services are provided under DevCon’s Urban WASH Project in Karachi.
The other responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership and support including reviews & technical design evaluation in WASH project’s infrastructure schemes.
- Support and advise DevCon management and stakeholders on technical issues related to WASH project infrastructure schemes.
- Conduct needs assessments, technical feasibility studies, prepare detailed engineering designs, BOQs, and assess & identify needs for improvements of the new and ongoing WASH project.
- Execute the construction plans of water schemes civil engineering infrastructure.
- Develop technical notes, review papers, and documentation on the technologies and products to expand WASH programme.
- Disseminate technical knowledge, and skills on WASH programme and related construction activities to DevCon management, project staff and partner.
- Organize and conduct training and orientation of DevCon team and Water Committees on technical matters related to water infrastructure works.
- Participate in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems and development of communication materials and strategies;
- Maintain close liaison with water filtrations plant/equipment vendors.
- Represent DevCon at various relevant WASH forums in Karachi.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the DevCon management.
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Water & Environmental Sanitation or Public Health.
- 3-5 years professional work experience in WASH sector with current knowledge of the latest developments and technologies in water, sanitation and hygiene
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out technical designing and evaluation of WASH projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to write technical documents and give presentations to colleagues within and outside DevCon.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in an independent capacity and as a member of a team.
- Travel and work in the field.
- Commitment to DevCon’s organizational values.
- Commitment to personal learning, development and improvement in pursuit of own objectives and those of the team and organization.
- Creative and able to take initiative.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- A team player, able to work in a collaborative way in a diverse team environment.
DevCon is an equal opportunity employer; Women, Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
DevCon does not tolerate (Zero Tolerance) sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Resume attachment is required.