|Posted date||21st March, 2023||Last date to apply||2nd April, 2023|
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Total Position: (1)
Job Type: Contract Position (3 Months)
Job Location: Islamabad
Gender: No preference
Minimum Education: Sixteen years of Education
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Apply By: April 02, 2023
The Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy (PCP) is a nonprofit public service organization with a mandate to promote the volume and effectiveness of philanthropy for development in Pakistan.
The consultant will directly report to the Project Manager.
Conduct Training on Leadership and Enhancing Women’s Economic Livelihoods for CSOs in Target communities
Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy in partnership with AKF, is implementing a sub-project on “Enhancing Capacity of Local Organizations for Gender Inclusive Programming in Gilgit Baltistan” as part of a comprehensive project on Advancing Gender Equality through Civil society (AGECS). The sub-project has two targeted localities of Hunza and Diamer (Tehsils Aliabad and Chillas respectively). Both Tehsils have distinct socio-economic characteristics. Aliabad tehsil of District Hunza has better social infrastructure and organizations to support activities for improving gender equality and women empowerment. Whereas, Tehsil Chillas of District Diamer has relatively more traditional and less formal civil society organizations and have not been studied in detail earlier. To gather information on the existing formal and less formal Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), a mapping and organizational capacity assessment exercise has been carried out.
Based on the findings and analysis of the capacity assessment report, the capacity gaps of the CSOs have been identified and issues and challenges of gender equality and women empowerment are highlighted as well. On the basis of information, a 6-days training of CSOs would be conducted to enhance their capacity for gender inclusive programming and initiatives in local communities.
The purposes of this workshop are to:
- Highlighting the significance of women involvement in leadership for community development
- Improving awareness about qualities and merits of leadership
- Preparing organizations to provide facilitation and access to women for economic livelihood
- Nurturing leadership among women for sustainable advancement in gender equality
- Developing the spirit of enterprise and creativity
JOB DESCRIPTION (TORs)
- Provide input and assistance in identification and selection of 30 CSOs for training
- Development and finalization of training materials including training plan, the topics to be covered for the training, course details, handouts, pre and post training evaluation form, and other training activities etc.
- Conduct a pre and post training evaluation of the training
- Conduct a 3-days training on “Leadership and Enhancing Women’s Economic Livelihoods”
- Complete Post Training Report
- Prior knowledge about Civil Society Organisations, i.e. I/NGOs, Local Support Organizations, Community Organizations based in Gilgit-Baltistan
- Expertise in Gender related fields including Gender Equality, Women Empowerment etc.
- Extensive prior experience in conducting/delivering Trainings
- Proficient writing skills in English
PCP is an equal opportunity employer.
CRA-North intends to engage consultants having a strong background in Community Ba....