Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder seeks to improve access of services for the survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (GBV), and child abuse by linking them to appropriate and effective service providers on a sustainable referral pathway, through working with community champions, engaging with men and boys, women and girls, and community influencers.
The project envisions protecting sexual and reproductive health outcomes that are impacted by violence, incorporating behavior change communication and tools, developing community-based protection approaches and initiating interventions to create an enabling, gender-positive environment for the prevention and mitigation of gender-based violence.
The Gender Base Violation / Child Protection Field worker will work to conduct an assessment of GBV/Child Protection cases to ensure improved quality of health and psychosocial support for child protection and GBV survivors, that enhance survivors’ ability to receive confidential, safe, and timely services that meet their needs in a timely manner.
Key Job Outcomes:
Center / Division Management
- Works with the teams to implement the strategic approach of the project specific to survivors of violence and prevention of SGBV.
- Assists in the development of quarterly and annual plans for the project implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong coordination with refugee camps and all relevant stakeholders like Deputy Commissioner, and District Health Officer.
- A Field Officer is responsible for representing the organization in various communities and ensuring the successful implementation of programs and projects.
- Sensitize the community and other stakeholders about Gender Base Violation and Child Protection with a view to identifying GBV and CP cases
- Conducting field visits to assess program needs and progress
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community-level engagements.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of the community during meetings, training, workshops, and seminars.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the local community, partners, and stakeholders
- Coordinating with other staff members and teams to ensure program goals are met
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories on monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annually.
- Collecting and analyzing data and providing regular reports on program progress
- Identifying and addressing challenges and obstacles to program implementation
- Ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures
- Submit monthly work plan/activity calendar with the Program team.
- Create linkages and referrals as per the need of the project.
- Prepare relevant reports, and work closely with technical and program staff to ensure high-quality project implementation.
Meeting & Forum Attendance
- Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration. Identifies new and improved approaches, methods, and ideas.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate / Diploma holder (12 years education) in Social Work/Social Sciences/Counseling/community development/psychology or related field
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills; ability to use tact.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in an international and multicultural environment.
- Must hold a valid Pakistani National Identity Card.
- A minimum of 2 years of international humanitarian field experience.
- Ability to lead, train, supervises, facilitate and motivate other Gender Base Violation staff and local partners in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful, and supportive manner. Ability to deliver training to diverse groups.
Preferred Education and Work Experience
- Relevant educational background and knowledge of the United Nation.
- Advance knowledge of Pashto /Dari/ Persian and English, all oral and written.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and Internally Displaced People situations
- Should have preferably worked on a project or field-related activities.
Minimally Required Job-Specific and Organizational Competencies:
- Country-Specific Public Health System: Foundational knowledge of countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of assigned programs or projects, including program or project strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, and child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of database and internet applications.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and can coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail. Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including creating trust, support, and respect and interacting with survivors of all ages, backgrounds, and diversity.
- Ability to work in a complex environment, be responsible for multiple tasks and produce high-quality results in a short time.
- Computer skills: MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Ability, and willing for frequent travel to the field sites.
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism
- Covid vaccination certificate would be desirable as per government protocols.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Travel required (50% or less)
- Uses cellular and office phone, laptops or desktop computer
- This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
- Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website no later than March 20, 2023.
- Kindly apply through below link:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.