|Posted date||20th March, 2023||Last date to apply||3rd April, 2023|
Join our Team
Aawaz II Provincial Lead-Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Founded in 2000 as a public advocacy organization, Omar Asghar Khan Foundation strengthens the voice, visibility and resilience of citizens to claim their rights & entitlements from the state, curb inequalities and exclusion & reduce the burden of poverty. Its skilled and experienced team of professionals works with local communities, civil society and governments across Pakistan. Since 2019, it is British Council’s lead Provincial Partner for the implementation of a multiple-year project: Aawaz II.
The Foundation is looking to hire a qualified person to be Aawaz II’s Provincial Lead in KP. The selected individual will be based in Peshawar. Please see the detailed Job Description. Interested individuals are requested to send their application with CV no later than 5:00 pm on Monday 3 April 2023
Omar Asghar Khan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
Women, transgender persons, religious minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Country, region: Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Aawaz II works with local communities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Punjab provinces to promote the rights of children, women, youth, religious minorities, persons with disabilities and other marginalised groups, to facilitate and strengthen their development. The programme is managed by the British Council. Aawaz II works with the district level downstream partners and two provincial partner organisations to implement the community-based interventions in KP and Punjab. The community component focuses on providing information referrals, facilitate citizen-state engagement for uptake of services and enhance capacities of local communities for behaviour change to reduce community acceptance of early and forced marriage, gender-based violence (GBV), intolerance, exclusion, exploitation and harmful practices and pre-empt conflicts. Omar Asghar Khan Foundation is the provincial partner of Aawaz II in KP province.
Terms of Reference for Provincial Lead
The Provincial Lead will be responsible for provincial-level programme management, particularly pursuing advocacy on Aawaz II’s thematic focus ensuring that community concerns are raised and followed through the Aawaz II Provincial Forum, stakeholder management in KP, liaison with downstream partners, relevant provincial departments and others. Key responsibilities include planning and implementation of programme activities, oversight of the provincial and district teams’ activities, efficient implementation of workplan to achieve stated results, quality assurance and monitoring of programme interventions.
The position is based in Peshawar and reports to the Executive Director with dotted line management in Aawaz II PMU with the implementation and technical team through the Head of Delivery.
1. Programme Management
- Build and strengthen linkages with programme stakeholders including relevant provincial government departments and civil society, downstream partners, other FCDO programmes.
Lead and manage activities of Aawaz II Provincial Forum (PF) and PF Executive Committee including advocacy initiatives, meetings, consultations and seminars.
- Follow up on advocacy priorities, and facilitate the engagement of PF members in this process.
- Ensure visibility of Aawaz II activities through effective and broad-based media projection.
- Represent Aawaz II in meetings, strategic discussions with provincial and district stakeholders including civil society forums.
- Provide technical advice to Aawaz II provincial and district teams and stakeholders, as needed.
- Steer Aawaz II interventions in KP in coordination with downstream partners and other stakeholders and ensure programme delivery to achieve intended results and targets.
- Provide support in orientation and capacity building activities of Aawaz II in the province.
- Provide technical advice to Aawaz II community structures and establish regular coordination and liaison mechanism between the provincial and community forums.
- Undertake extensive field travel to Aawaz II target districts to engage with stakeholders and monitor Aawaz II activities in coordination with the Aawaz II PMU.
- Regularly coordinate with PMU of Aawaz II for technical advice and closely coordinate with the relevant Pillar Leads and Head of Programme Delivery for technical input and guidance.
- Support the Executive Director in ensuring team performance and quality assurance of Programme Coordinator, Capacity Building Officer and Field Monitoring Officer, including approving their work plans and ensuring quality outputs.
2. Knowledge Management
- Develop programme specific policy briefs relevant to the advocacy agenda established by the Provincial Forum and Provincial Consultations.
- Document and share best practices, case studies and lessons learned from the programme.
3. Reporting and Communication
- Develop programme reports including monthly, quarterly and annual reports and programme updates.
- Collate, review and finalise field reports and other documents.
- Develop event reports, presentations and documents, as needed.
- Update monthly advocacy tracker of the programme.
- Assess and analyse programme risks, update risks register and share updates with PMU on high-level risks on monthly basis and immediately where escalation is required.
- Provide information as requested to support the PMU team.
4. Partnership Management
- Manage the Aawaz II Partners Network in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, including arranging regular meetings, information sharing, and engagement.
- Provide technical backstopping to provincial team including day to day management support and implementation of project workplan.
- Conduct field visits to project districts as necessary for programme implementation and technical oversight and advice field teams for effective implementation of programme interventions.
- Work closely with District Forums and Downstream Partners from Phase 2 as well as Phase 1 districts.
5. Financial Management
- Work closely with finance to submit forecast of expenditures and variance comparison.
- Engage with PMU team for evaluation exercises and due diligence of partners.
- Make signficiant contributions to demonstrating value for money.
- Ensure PMU is made aware of all issues arising with contract or budget implications.
- Demonstrable progress on advocacy asks from the districts at the provincial level.
- Monitoring of implementation of provincial and district workplans.
- Quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Consolidated district progress and other reports.
Standard Minimum Qualification & Expertise
- University degree in social sciences or relevant discipline is preferred.
- 8 to 12 years of professional experience developing and implementing advocacy initiatives at provincial and grass roots level on gender, social inclusion and Aawaz II thematic areas.
- Good understanding of programmes and project management and experience delivering and managing programmes on gender and inclusion.
- Expertise in building and managing stakeholder partnerships with government institutions and civil society.
- Experience of steering policy consultations and policy advocacy, and expertise in building alliances and collaborations with civil society organizations and forums.
- Experience in designing and conducting training and workshops material on gender-based violence, early and forced marriage as well as social cohesion and interfaith harmony and other related areas. Experience of designing and conducting learning events (workshops/ training/ field visits etc) will be an asset.
- Demonstrable experience working with or coordinating partners with community and national levels organizations and networks.
- Willing to lead initiative and programme team with minimal supervision.
- Maintain superior levels of professionalism while working under pressure in a fast-paced and sometimes difficult environment.
- Language: Fluency in English, Urdu and Pashto.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrable experience of developing briefing papers and reports in English.
Objective: The objective of this consultancy is to support the implement....
Objective of Consultancy: The Team Lead Institutional Capacity Building....