|Posted date||15th May, 2023||Last date to apply||26th May, 2023|
|Category||Finance & Financial Services|
|Salary||74000 plus other benefits|
Job Title: Finance Officer
Department: Finance Department
Responsible to: Manager Finance
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Finance Manager in Implementing and administering HelpAge systems for internal Control, compliance, accounting and data processing and finance reporting functions in accordance with donor regulations.
- Preparation of the monthly standard accounting reports, the budgeted versus actual financial reports per cost centre on monthly and weekly basis, grant period and final financial reporting period.
- Responsible for month end accounting close process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger, sub journals and all supporting documentation in all country offices.
- Maintaining the general ledger soft files as well as hard copies, including set up and maintenance of new project accounts, regular back-up of files, etc.
- Assist in preparation of month end balance sheet and account reconciliations
- Maintaining an updated schedules of advances, accruals/payables and their timely adjustments
- Maintain books of account of Gratuity Fund of employees
- Assist in monthly financial planning cycle and ensure the on-time submission of the monthly reporting package.
- Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in the training and support of the finance staff in field offices, including answering daily questions, training new hires, making field visits, etc.
- Monitor cash and bank balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests from sub-offices; prepare consolidated country cash flow requests to HQ
- Consolidation of Partner and Sub-office expenditures on monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of Partner and Sub-office Closing Balance, expenditures and Opening Balance on monthly basis.
- Review of Partner and Sub-office financial Reports on regular basis.
- Process of Partner and Sub-office fund requests.
- Proper documentation of Partner and Sub-office communication/correspondence.
- Assist in preparation of Budgets for Partner and HAI Pakistan.
- Communication with Partner and Sub-office for their capacity building.
- To be responsible for preparing and submitting all legally required returns of the organization, including but not limited to Tax payments, Audit reports and project approvals.
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations and programmes to anyone that encounters our work;
- Report all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism;
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures.
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field;
- Involving communities in the design of programmes and complaint response mechanisms, be responsible for implementation and review;
- Attending specialist field training on safeguarding as required;
- Maintaining maps of support services for survivors;
- Receiving and responding to complainants/survivors and ensuring that no further harm is done, following a survivor-centred approach, using the principles of psychological first aid, and signposting to relevant local services as needed
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents, they become aware of
Experience & Skills:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance, CA, ICMA or ACCA
- 2-3 years working experience in a reputed NGO/INGO/ Bachelor degree with at least 4 years expereince on similar role & two to three years of experience for candidates having 16 years or equivalent qualification
- Proven administrative, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Understanding of Financial systems
- Strong communication skills
- Good skills of computer (MS Office including database management)
- Problem solving skills in day-to-day financial matters
we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Everyone who works at the organization shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions
We committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Local candidates will be given preference. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Note: Positions will be filled on rolling basis.
- Requires you to add current salary information.
- Resume attachment is required.