Date of Announcement
January 12, 2023
Psychosocial Support Worker - MHPSS
Regular Contract (Limited to Project tenure)
No. of Positions
Application Submission Deadline
January 22, 2023
International Medical Corps invites applications from candidates fulfilling the mentioned Job specifications.
Note: International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at www.internationalmedicalcorps.ethicspoint.com
- Assist with the integration of MHPSS services into Primary Health Care.
- Lead on the identification and mapping of community services in the area and ensure an up-to-date.
- Conduct MHPSS-related activities as requested
- Provide Case Management and psychosocial support to individuals, families and communities.
- Provide outreach services, and home visits, where required and feasible.
- Liaise with general practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists and other healthcare professionals to support clients in need of MHPSS through the referral, diagnosis and treatment process.
- Participate in capacity building trainings.
- Represent IMC at all key stakeholder meetings.
- Provide trainings on referrals to MHPSS services in the supported centers.
- Provide awareness sessions on services available and facilitate referrals.
- Prepare, and deliver trainings for the purposes of capacity-building on psychosocial support, including PFA and case management trainings, where appropriate.
- Adhere to all IMC protocols and procedures surrounding case documentation, confidentiality, and security.
Other duties as assigned:
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The fluid nature of response requires personnel to adapt to a rapidly changing landscape; duties may be reconfigured to meet operational requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Psychology.
- Previous NGO experience will be preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Demonstrated analytical, motivational, communication, project conceptualization and planning skill
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Must work independently under difficult conditions
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in spoken Regional Languages. Communication in National & International Language will be an edge.
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving sexual exploitation and abuse, trafficking in persons, child safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct that may involve conflicts-of-interest, fraud, corruption or harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any such activities, you have an obligation to report.
Actively promote PSEA (prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and among beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps. Adhere to the Code of Conduct, always maintain humanitarian principles and respect international humanitarian law.
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to the staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
It is the policy of International Medical Corps to provide equal opportunity in employment to all national employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, national origin, military status, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic characteristics or any other basis protected by local law.
For immediate consideration, please apply through Brightspyre. The last date for submission of applications is January 22, 2023
Note: Keeping in view the urgency of this position we might not wait till January 22, 2023 for applications, candidates who apply and meet the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted for interview even before due date.