Purpose: To facilitate trainings for 300 women artisans on skill development, quality assurance, communication, life-skills and leadership skills in the targeted area of district Umerkot.
Time period: 3 Months
Location: Umerkot, Sindh
Positions: 02 (Women)
Objectives: The Trainer is expected to:
This assignment is for training of women artisans to sharpen their embroidery skills thus trainers is required to facilitate trainings of 300 women artisans. Trainer will fulfil below mentioned task during (3 months) training. Training methodology will mostly utilize visual materials and learning-by-doing exercises
- Train group of 300 women artisans in total by having trainings with groups of 25 –30 artisans.
- Improve embroidery skills of artisans with special emphasis on quality assurance and timeliness to deliver order.
- Cover training contents like importance of working in group, use and importance of color, design, quality assurance as per market demand, presentation, negotiation skill, time management, numeracy and marketing skills, enhancing literacy level and life skills of women artisans and improve their embroidery skills.
- Provide the manual with weekly plans to be followed for the three months training of the artisans.
- Provide a resource book/guide for the artisans to follow during and after the training with pictures
- Must have experience of working on crafts and using it in a way which can meet urban market requirements
- Must have worked as a trainer who has already trained artisans groups
- Good understanding of trends of urban market
- Familiar with local culture and language
- Categorized the trades of the artisan in particular work