Project Title: Resilience strengthening for communities affected by migration, displacement and violence in North Waziristan, Pakistan.
Job Description- Project Engineer
Job Location: Merged District North Waziristan
Gender: Both men and women can apply; qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Core Job Responsibilities/Specifications: The integrated Project Engineers responsibilities/specifications include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining schemes’ bills of quantities, design and specification /change controls, and project budget and accounting records of the schemes.
- Oversee that all work is performed in accordance with approved design, specification and bills of quantities
- Oversee that the schemes are constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices and submittals
- Assist in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors' construction schedules
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
- Report the status of projects to site office and head office
- Attend Community Development Councils (CDCs) meetings as needed
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems –
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Can work in a leadership role to manage project teams and support the organization key clients in the design of complex projects.
- Can work independently on any size of project.
- Broad and vast experience in communications, strategic planning and project manager abilities in problem solution and effective development leader.
- Fluency in Pashto is required.
- Fluency in English writing and speaking is required.
- Problem solving
- Computer skills with fluency in Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Must have Bachelors in civil engineering.
- Demonstrated work experience of 5+ years is required in the same area of work.
Note: Positions will be filled on rolling basis.