Job Description - School Officer
Under the supervision of Program/Project Manager the School Officer is responsible for supporting and guiding the principals in overall management of (8-10) schools, under his/her supervision in line with the school policy/guidelines. Through facilitation, coordination and regular monitoring the SO ensures improved academic quality, capacity building of the principals and standardized management practices.
- Works with principals in identifying & prioritizing the school needs
- Facilitates the principal in developing School Improvement Plan (SIP) and ensure its implementation as per specified timeline. Supports the principal in documenting the progress, discusses and agrees on alternate course of action(s).
- Holds quarterly cluster based coordination meetings with the principals for information sharing, follow up on progress on quarterly objectives, discuss community issues and generate ideas for continuous improvement. Maintains minutes of the discussions & decisions, updates the PMs on the same and seeks guidance where needed.
- Guides and facilitates the principal in ensuring that school policy guidelines are implemented and adapted.
- Builds capacity of the principals so that they are able to identify and report the training needs of teaching staff. Reports the training needs to the Program/Project Manager
- Coordinates between the school, Program and Training Department for the execution of training
Monitoring & Record Keeping:
- Ensures availability and optimal utilization of all resources including curriculum guides, teaching and learning material (ECE, Science & Math kits), manuals, library resources, IT resources
- Follows up progress against quarterly objectives in schools and reports accordingly on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that co-curricular guidelines are followed and activities carried out accordingly in each school.
- Ensures that principals maintain records and update data in schools and the same is reported to the PM on standard formats & specified schedule
- Works closely with communities, SMCs and PTAs & builds their capacity to support principals/schools according to their roles and responsibilities
- Holds quarterly meetings with PTAs/SMCs and records minutes of the meetings
- Interacts with PTAs & parents to ensure participation in their child/ren academic progress and other school affairs as per school policy guidelines.
- Disseminates information and documents to schools in a timely manner
- Coordinates with the PM for raising PRs ensuring timely delivery of books, teaching and learning material and all other assets including furniture items at schools.
- Coordinates with M&E through the PM in teacher and student assessment and data collation process.
- Weekly reporting to Program Managers on schools status and progress in light of their work plan.
- Maintains photo library and share with DIL team as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Education: (Formal degree)
- BA/BSc in any discipline from a recognized college/university
- Qualification: (Certification, diploma etc)
- B.Ed (Desirable)
- (Relevant) Experience:
- Minimum two years teaching and field experience at school level field Experience
Skills: (Essential and Desirable)
• Good oral and written communication skills in English & Urdu (E)
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with principals, teachers and communities (E)
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks (D)
• Team player (D)
• Good analytical skills (E)
Good command on MS office; in particular Excel
DIL Core Values and Commitments;
- Transformation: We transform lives and empower communities by pursuing innovative ideas and approaches that improve students' learning outcomes and soft skills
- Excellence: We are committed to achieving the highest level of impact through excellence in service delivery and educational products
- Collaboration: We take a democratic and participatory approach in all aspects of our work
- Equity: We exercise fairness, compassion and respect when dealing with each other and those around us
- Integrity: We strive to set high moral and ethical standards for ourselves and to gain the trust of others
- Transparency: We exercise strong internal controls and transparency and are fully accountable to our donors and the people we serve
- Flexibility: We drive and embrace change and are willing to try out different, pioneering approaches
DIL is committed to ensuring that DIL staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the DIL’s Child Protection Policy.