Research and Litigation Associate
Location of Work Station:
Type of Job:
Litigation Specialist and Research Manager
The Senior Research and Litigation Associate is a member of the program and litigation team (cross program), responsible for coordination and implementation of projects related to rule of law, governance and human rights as well as ensuring quality assurance, capacity building and data management within the litigation component (across programs) at LAS. He/she/they are responsible for maintaining all the data in physical and soft form.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing research deliverables across designated program as assigned by program and research manager
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and indicating the corrective actions where required and drawing attention of the program and research manager towards these areas.
- Ensuring quality assurance of litigation services provided across LAS programs to beneficiaries
- Managing litigation across programs including case intake to ensure that case load is manageable across LAS advocates (all districts)
- Ensuring effective data management of sensitive case/litigation data and analyzing litigation performance across programs, districts, thematic areas etc.
- Improving the response time of LAS advocates to ensure timely justice delivery
- Capacity-building of LAS advocates (across programs and districts) in terms of soft and subject specific skills to ensure that quality of litigation is improved
- Assisting the litigation specialist in providing specific support to LAS advocates in improving the quality of their arguments before critically important hearings
- Maintaining official records and documents undertaking field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects as well as LAS advocates ;
- Implementing and monitoring the delivery of the media strategy and plan;
- Coordination and networking with Implementing Partners and other NGOs, CSO, and CBOs;
- Perform any other official task assigned by the Program Manager and Associate Directors.
Integrated into our shared values is LAS’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics or conduct protected by law. LAS is committed to being an inclusive organization where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encourage to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at LAS has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a diverse environment.
REQUIREMENTS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Minimum Qualification: LLB/LLM
- Minimum Experience will be 2 to 3 Years in related field.
- Individual should have a year of litigation experience (specially in criminal matters)
- The litigant should have a year of research experience preferably in the RoL sector.
- The individual should have a strong grip on the Pakistani Legal System
- Required advanced level of English, reading, writing for drafting of various reports, also knowledge of Urdu and Sindhi.
- Creative, energetic, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Willingness to work and live in harsh conditions.
Interested candidates may send their apply online latest by 25th September, 2022.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for test & interview.
Please email your queries at [email protected]
The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
For further information please visit http://www.las.org.pK