Position Title: Litigation Advocate
Location of Work Station: Sukkur
Type of Job: Contractual
Reporting to: Section Incharge and Litigation M&E Manager
The advocate holds the key position in the organization as he/ she is the face of the organization and in most cases is the first point of contact of all beneficiaries seeking legal representation and legal aid related services. The advocate will be entrusted with cases before courts and will proceed with them for the benefit of the client being represented. He/she is expected to proceed with diligence, commitment and conscientiousness in order to promote the objective of promoting access to justice. The position will conduct regular jail visits/field visits under the guidance and lead of the section incharge and shall be responsible for maintaining daily records and diaries and compiling quarterly, monthly and bi monthly reports of the progress of their cases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The advocate will be responsible for performing the following duties but shall not be limited to:
- Following litigation check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly and maintained as it relates to cases,
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports in compliance with timelines
- Conducting regular jail visits/field visits as per established rosters for visits
- Shall report to relevant courts on time to proceed with fixed cases,
- Maintain all files regarding the cases which are pending or have disposed off.
- Shall proceed with cases in close coordination with section in-charge.
- Attend monthly meetings as instructed by section in-charge.
- Shall submit disposal to Para-legal team leader/Section head at the end of the month
- In case of emergency he/she shall intimate section head ahead of time so that cases can be adjusted.
- Shall be responsible for entering all data related to their cases on the data base, where available
- Update his/her cases on daily basis
- Provide guidance and advice to paralegals or legal assistants/clerks involved in prosecuting or defending lawsuit.
REQUIREMENTS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Candidate must have good knowledge and experience of criminal and civil procedures and laws.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word for drafting applications and record keeping related tasks.
- Minimum Qualification (BA and/or LLB, with second Class) preference will be given to Master Graduate.
- Minimum Experience will be of 2-3 years in related field.
- Required advanced level of English, reading, writing for drafting of various reports also knowledge of Sindhi and Urdu.
- Creative, energetic, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to network and liaise with the community
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Willingness to work and live in harsh conditions
- Compassion for access to justice, serving disempowered segments in society and enforcement of fundamental rights of target audiences
- We are equal opportunity employer for qualified male and female candidates.
- Interested candidates may apply online latest by 31st January, 2022.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for test & interview.
- The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
- For further information please visit http//www.lao.org.pk.