Senior Systems Engineer role
Windows 2012/2016/2019, as well as common technologies used in a Microsoft environment such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, group policies. Additionally, they should be familiar with scripting, VMware vSphere, Azure, WatchGuard or SonicWALL Firewall. Symantec Cloud, VPN, File Server and permissions.
- Provide level one helpdesk support for IT including software, hardware, and network issues
- Troubleshooting software, patch and configuration issues in a Windows 10 environment
- Replacing/upgrading client and server hardware
- Responsible for the provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of Windows based system hardware and software
- Manage Active Directory users and devices
- Manage Office 365 users and configuration
- Define advanced troubleshooting techniques to quickly isolate and resolve reported infrastructure issues, except those requiring advanced Network or Server skills
- Provide IT operations support, which may include collecting and reporting performance data, outage data, review of error logs and backup logs, and other monitoring as assigned and can provide assessment of results and recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of best practices in infrastructure maintenance and support
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Integrate company’s systems with corporate’s infrastructure (Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10 upgrade)
- Provide out of the box SharePoint Online functionality and administration with minor custom configuration.
- Administrate Azure Active Directory.
- Analyze user and business productivity requirements and translate these into the appropriate Microsoft 365 Services (e.g., Teams, SharePoint Team Sites, One Drive for Business, etc.);
- Ability to lead, deliver, and champion O365 service adoption projects.
- Work with tenant-level administrators to resolve customer issues;
- Conduct user training for most commonly used O365 productivity services;
- Ensure utilizing best practices during both design and deployment;
- The ideal candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner and troubleshoot problems;
- Strong customer relationship skills and willingness to lead customers through successful challenging project
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in computer and Information Sciences and certifications
- 7+ years of relevant IT experience.
- 1-2 years working with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure.
- Certification(s) in Microsoft Azure Cloud platform is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows based systems including software, networking, storage, user profiles, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and Hyper-V.
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including prototyping of new environments; working with development and other teams on virtual server builds, platform-as-a-service components, data migration, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Azure Site Recovery Manager backup services is desired.
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Virtual Networking, Azure Storage, Linux/Windows, Windows Powershell, and application knowledge.
- Experience with configuring firewall access control lists (ACLs), software defined networking and security configurations – Palo Alto and Azure Firewall experience highly desired.
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment.
- Desktop support and Office 365 user administration experience is a plus.
- Must have strong problem-solving and organization skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who will work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.