Job Title: Country Director, Pakistan
Reports to: VP Digital and Geographic Platforms
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Date: July 2, 2021
Purpose of DAI’s Corporate Office in Pakistan
DAI’s Corporate Office in Pakistan serves as a growth platform for all DAI business and development objectives there. It works with and supports DAI Business Units win new business, deliver development results, efficiently and profitably manage our presence, and build DAI capacity and brand in Pakistan.
Main purpose of role
The primary purpose of this role is to drive DAI’s overall growth strategy in Pakistan, develop and build relationships with customers, partners and professional networks there, represent DAI and manage business operations of the DAI subsidiary, with oversight of shared services aligned to DAI global standards.
The Country Director has primary responsibility to:
- Develop and drive the growth strategy for DAI within Pakistan, iterating delivery of the strategy based on the needs of DAI’s customers and counterparts in Pakistan and the global objectives of DAI and its various businesses.
- Drive business development in Pakistan. Lead DAI’s growth in Pakistan working across all DAI business units with new business opportunities in Pakistan, and collectively setting priorities. This involves supporting BU pipeline development and pre-positioning for opportunities, providing market intelligence and local competitor analysis to BUs, providing contextual understanding and knowledge to proposal teams, and contributing to go/no-go decisions on new business opportunities. The Country Director (CD) will also provide input related to key project staff and teaming with Pakistani organizations. Where appropriate and in line with the Global strategy, the CD also leads business development and delivery of locally managed contracts.
- Represent DAI and build the DAI brand for effective delivery across the range of technical sectors in which DAI operates, and among customers, the Pakistani Government and private sector, and other local stakeholders.
- Develop the DAI network of talent and partners in Pakistan especially among DAI alumni and strategic recruits in growth segments.
- Guide and support the corporate team within Pakistan in implementation of DAI’s Global Standards related to ethics, anti-harassment, safeguarding, and security policies.
- Lead the corporate team based in Pakistan that ensures local compliance, coordinating legal, regulatory, reporting, payroll for local staff, and tax compliance so that DAI projects can win, launch and run projects supported by DAI’s local entity. Manage an operational team commensurate with the size and requirements of the DAI portfolio in Pakistan and needs related to functions including Finance, HR and Recruitment, Payroll, IT, and Security, leveraging and delivering against global service standards.
- Identify opportunities for the team in Pakistan to support certain shared services for DAI, globally, in response to DAI’s global needs in areas such as IT, finance, project support, etc.
- Support and advise Project Leaders by coordinating with Directors, Team Leaders and Chiefs of Party implementing DAI projects in Pakistan. Projects that are part of a BU report into the BU and the CD role is to provide coordination and support client relationships, share insights into the broader portfolio and into the wider development/political landscape, sharing key information on corporate initiatives in Pakistan, what’s working on projects, information on key local partners, public and private stakeholders, alumni, and local talent in priority sectors.
- Deliver technical assistance and project billable Work – Provide technical and management support to projects, directly and via the Pakistan-based team as required. Carry out and oversee customer assignments in technical areas of expertise, ensuring timely completion and on-time payment.
- Serve as legal representative of DAI Pakistan as the registered subsidiary through which DAI performs work, hires local staff, and meets legal and tax obligations,
- Propose and efficiently manage DAI’s corporate budget for Pakistan, with accurate allocations across units/departments, managing and reporting financial statements in accordance with statutory requirements, bank accounts and support Corporate Finance in financial reporting and any required internal or external audits.
- Security and Risk Management – Define and coordinate security for the corporate office with broader coordination locally through the local security manager and Department of Global Security. Build and manage a risk management matrix for DAI’s work and presence in Pakistan.
Objectives and Measurement Criteria:
- Define agenda and lead cross business unit meetings to ensure relevant information sharing on DAI corporate priorities, opportunities, and lessons learned, and to align resources and support from within Pakistan and among business units.
- Build the front end of the new business pipeline and deliver growth across all DAI customer segments relevant to the context in Pakistan
- Ensure satisfaction of DAI projects and business units supported by DAI’s platform in Pakistan as measured through their feedback
- Ensure operational capacity is aligned with and supports DAI’s overall portfolio in Pakistan and meets agreed standards
- Manage to a budget agreed with VP Geographic and Digital Platforms, including targets for operational support, customer facing work, and billable time
- Ensure material risks to DAI’s operation in Pakistan are identified and managed
- Set KPIs to track efficiency gains in support provided across projects
- Document key lessons and work with VP Geographic and Digital Platforms to adjust as needed
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven leadership and operational management skills and capacity
- Proven Experience leading diverse teams in one or more of the following: consulting, the development sector, finance, or investment banking
- At least 10 years’ professional services experience in Pakistan
- Experience working with international donors and/or private sector customers in DAI’s technical areas.
- Proven negotiation skills with government, donors, or private sector customers
- Entrepreneurial / market entry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Flexibility, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan. Travel will be required, including to project locations throughout Pakistan and international travel to Austria, Belgium, Nigeria, Oman, UK, USA and possibly other DAI locations.
Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.