The candidate will be hired for a project focusing on the development and testing of a multi-pronged net-based virtual intervention for provision of pre-marital counseling to young couples. In this capacity he/she will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Play a lead role in the branding of the virtual application. This will essentially constitute giving it a specific identity in terms of name, logo, slogan and tagline, as well as its promotion and positioning for the target audience.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy for the widescale promotion of the application and ensure its timely and effective execution.
- Utilize various social media platforms for creating awareness and interest of the target group in the application;
- Identify Innovators/Influencers in the Social Media World as well as Celebrities enjoying a strong youth following and work with them for the promotion of virtual application;
- Identify organizations/networks/institutions working with young people and liaison with them with the objective of utilizing their forum for reaching out to the targeted group;
- Assist the team in the development of various products for the virtual application and evaluate them in terms of their appeal and interest for the target group;
- Closely coordinate with the vendor responsible for the development of virtual application and ensure that the finished product is in line with the needs, aspirations and interests of the targeted group;
- Assist in the carrying out of baseline & end line assessment of the application and facilitate in making assessment tools required for the purpose;
- Assist in the arrangement of different events and capture proceedings of the same in a report;
- Conduct a thorough proof reading and professional editing of all documents, reports, and publications developed and finalize a print-ready version of the same;
- Develop easy-to-follow and interactive presentations for showcasing activities and present these in a manner that is both effective as well as engaging;
- Play a lead role in the development and designing of all communication, promotional and visibility material; and
- Responsible for any other task assigned by the management.
Qualification and Experience:
- Masters in Media/Communication from a well reputed university national or international university;
- Experience of 2-3 years in similar capacity will be preferred;
- Exceptional writing and strong communication skills (in English language) are an absolute must;
- Must be well versed with computer use especially with the use of MS Office;
- Must be energetic, a team player and have an eagerness to learn and develop professionally;
- Should possess strong work ethics and values.
Key Values and Behaviors:
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Forum for Safe Motherhood for Safe Motherhood Values
- Holds self-accountable for managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Forum for Safe Motherhood values
- Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Strong sense of purpose
- Personally motivated to make an impact on women’s and families’ lives
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Possess the charisma, knowledge, confidence, and flexibility to work across boundaries to find agreement around shared goals, and to lead a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve them
- Very strong sense of ethics, honesty and integrity, who engages in transparent, inclusive and fair business practices that work cooperatively
- Recognized by others as a credible, participatory and visionary leader.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks based on an assessment of potential impact
This position will be based in Islamabad and will require minimum travel.
5 months. Initially from August – December, 2021 however, may be extended depending upon performance and availability of funds.
Rs. 80,000 – 100,000/month, depending upon prior experience and salary history