Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego is mandated to implement a system strengthening approach that draws on the concepts and tools of human centered design (HCD) to enhance Immunization coverage in the districts (Quetta and Pishin) of Baluchistan. The program will closely work with Provincial EPI Program and the service providers in improving quality, reach and client-centeredness of care aiming to demonstrate new management and service delivery arrangements that can reach ‘zero-dose’ or under-immunized children in communities, reduce drop-outs through more timely and complete follow-up vaccination, and reduce missed opportunities for catch-up vaccination in preventive and curative treatment settings.
Jhpiego, seeks Program Assistant to provide administrative support at the district level, and perform following tasks:
- Provide overall logistics and administrative support for smooth functioning of project activities.
- Coordinate workshop/training events as required, including hotel liaison, invitations, travel arrangements, supplies & materials, equipment hire and providing point of contact support for participants at events.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for project personnel.
- Coordination with internal departments such as Admin, Finance, Procurement and IT in order to get regular support for smooth functioning of program
- Assist the Programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services
- Maintain project documentation and photo bank for all the project activities.
- Arrange payment of utility and other routine bills and maintain track record of all these payments.
- Maintain a proper/efficient filing system of office to ensure smooth running of the operations and maintain a repository of all logistics and administrative documents and their security
- Keep proper record and provide goods/supplies status report to concerned program lead and supervisor on as and when required basis.
- Manage office petty cash and ensure proper documentation is completed for reconciliation as per policy.
- Support in coordination with other internal and external team players.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration or related field is an asset.
- 3-4 years of progressively responsible experience with administrative tasks.
- Work experience in administrative support of development programme/project is an advantage.
- Adequate knowledge of project implementation
- Having medium to good documentation skills, ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point.
- Ability to take initiatives with good prioritization and time management skills.
- Covid vaccination certificate would be desirable as per government protocols.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Failure to follow the instructions of applying, your application would be denied.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org