Terms of Reference
Consultancy to facilitate online workshop
The Asia Foundation Pakistan is looking for an experienced consultancy firm to facilitate an online grantee workshop. Participants comprise a group of approximately 30-35 persons from national and international organizations.
Location: Online (the platform(s) to be agreed with the consultancy firm)
Date and Time: July 26-July 29, 2021 (3-4 hours daily)
- To encourage the grantees and sub-grantees of the partner donor organization to share operational realities and challenges, reflect on programming transitions and limitations caused by COVID-19, explore adaptation methods, and provide opportunities to collaborate with each other.
- Orient grantees and sub-grantees on areas of interest such as grant management, addressing freedom of expression during COVID-19, gender and inclusion, and conflict mitigation.
- Allow greater connection between the donor and grantees and sub-grantees while providing the participating organizations with space to create a set of recommendations and lessons learned for more robust and more effective project implementation.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Consulting Firm:
The consulting firm will design and facilitate the grantees workshop, targeting 30-25 participants over a three-to-four-day period. The firm will ensure that the workshop is engaging, interactive and effective in achieving the expected outcomes of the workshop. It will include break-out sessions and other participation tools as appropriate. The Asia Foundation will designate a resource person and liaison officer to provide guidance to the consulting firm.
Specifically, the consulting firm will:
- Develop the methodology in consultation with the Asia Foundation and donor organization.
- Prepare reference material and documents for pre-workshop preparation (including a note on Pakistan’s development context) and for use during the workshop.
- Facilitate the online/virtual workshop using interactive and engaging approaches.
- Prepare a brief report after the conclusion of the workshop. The content of the report will be determined between the parties.
- 7-8 years’ international experience in the organization of online events of similar nature.
- Facilitators fluent in English. Ability to support some translation into Urdu.
- Experience working with development sector, civil society organizations.
How to Apply:
The deadline for submission of application is May 5, 2021. Interested firms can submit their applications to Farid Alam ([email protected]) and Milly Rao ([email protected]). The application should comprise of a brief profile of the firm, maximum three-page letter of interest describing the proposed methodology and relevant skills and experience and approach to this consultancy. A budget proposal should be attached to the three-page letter of interest.