At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.ch
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Grants for Corresponding Associates are awarded to experienced scientists holding research or teaching posts for a period of at most six months to help them keep abreast of developments in particle physics and related fields. During their stay at CERN, Corresponding Associates are expected to be on a leave of absence and receive normal salary payments from their home institute. CERN supplements these with a subsistence allowance to cover the additional costs of living in the Geneva area.
In order to qualify for a position as a Corresponding Associate you must be employed by an institute located in a CERN Member or Associate Member State (with the exception of France, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom), and remain so during your appointment at CERN.
You should have at least a working knowledge of English or French.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association for 6 months at most.
- A subsistence allowance of 4,173 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Authorised absences provided your contract of association lasts at least four months.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses depending on your individual circumstances.
This is how you can apply:
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A list of publications.
- Three letters of recommendation (the date should not exceed a year).
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
All applications should reach us no later than 10 September 2021 at Noon (12:00 Central Eurepeon Summer Time, CEST).
Apply by clicking here.