Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, USA seeks an Assistant Manager, Management Information System (MIS) for multifaceted implementation research on introduction of self-administered injectable contraceptives (DMPA-SC) as part of a comprehensive contraceptive method mix in Punjab province. The Assistant Manager MIS will provide overall MIS support under the supervision of Senior Research Manager and will be based in Islamabad;
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and ensure all database and project related software is updated and functions smoothly throughout the life of the project.
- Lead the development of software, databases and android-based application
- Responsible for quality and timely deliverables and use of the software, databases and application.
- Support the provincial and district teams in data management, and provide accurate, timely data as required by the project.
- Support and trouble shoot any challenges that may be experienced by the team in the field when using the database application.
- Support the project team on digital solutions for smooth data capturing and reporting.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Master’s degrees in Computer Science and Information Systems Management or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field
- At least 6 years of experience in developing and managing large scale databases in terms of generating project reports, extracting data and providing trouble shooting support to project teams, required, with 3-4 years of work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in health sector or other health areas.
- Strong analytical and product knowledge skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret learner needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working experience in ASP.NET, SQL server, MySQL, development of Android based applications for data collection and awareness raising, cloud base services, Mobile Data Studio, processing, analysis and presentation of data.
- Working knowledge of SPPS
- Strong technical skills and comfortable with data management, performance tuning and database security
- Experience with health sector projects will be a plus
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 25% time.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHPIEGO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer