Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, USA seeks an Assistant Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for multifaceted implementation research on introduction of self-administered injectable contraceptives (DMPA-SC) as part of a comprehensive contraceptive method mix in Punjab province. This position will be based in Lahore and role and responsibilties of this position are as follows;
Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to design and establishment of data collection, management, and analysis systems.
- Supervise the RME team at district levels, ensure quality of research/program data, and work closely with Technical team members to monitor the quality of demand generation, service provision support, quality of trainings as per Jhpiego’s standards, quality of care , and review and use findings for adaptive management and learning.
- Support Senior Manager RME in data analysis, study product development and dissemination of findings.
- Ensure timely collection and reporting of research/program data from all project intervention sites.
- Work closely with short-term consultants/firms engaged to collect data for formative and implementation research and provide them support at field level.
- Contribute in capacity building of project staff on data collection tools, data analysis and to improve data quality.
- Generate M&E specific and analytical reports in timely manner
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- University degree in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 6 – 8 years of work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities (experience with health facility setting a plus).
- At least 3 years of experience in data collection, processing, and analysis, database development.
- M&E experience and good knowledge of M&E approaches and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong eye for detail.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health projects and ability to write up high quality project/donor reports.
- Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience in contracting research and monitoring quality of data collection
- Experience with training of MER and non-MER staff on improving data quality
- Excellent time management skills and Knowledge of different data analyses software, such as SPSS, MS Excel and Epi Info etc.
- Report writing and publication skills is a plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English
- Excellent peoples and partnership skills
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 25% time
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHPIEGO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer