Reports to: Project Coordinator
Project / Program: Improving the income security of small-scale cotton farmers in Pakistan
Contract: Long-Term contract
Work Week: 05 Days- 40 hours/week
WWF-Pakistan seeks a highly motivated and experienced Senior Project Officer (Liaisoning) for the Project Implementation Unit (PIU). The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in fostering effective communication and collaboration among stakeholders, ensuring the seamless execution of the sustainable cotton farming project. This position demands a dynamic professional capable of navigating the complexities of multi-level partnerships and governmental interactions.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Act as a liaison between WWF-Pakistan and various project stakeholders, including government bodies, NGOs, and community representatives.
- Foster positive relationships with key partners to facilitate project objectives and ensure alignment with local and national priorities.
- Training and Capacity Building:
- Conduct Training of Trainers (ToT) for the field staff to create a trained cadre of field trainers.
- Assist project coordinator in organizing training events for farmers and workers on carbon-smart crop production and protection practices, water stewardship, and sustainable soil health management.
- Government Relations:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant government departments and agencies.
- Monitor policy developments and regulatory changes that may impact the project, providing timely updates to project leadership.
- Coordination and Collaboration:
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator and other team members to ensure effective coordination and integration of project activities.
- Organize and participate in regular coordination meetings with stakeholders to share progress, address concerns, and strategize on project milestones.
- Prepare comprehensive reports on liaisoning activities, including updates on stakeholder engagement, government interactions, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide inputs for project reports to be submitted to donors and relevant authorities.
- Risk Management:
- Identify potential risks related to government relations and stakeholder engagement, developing mitigation strategies to address challenges proactively.
Education, Experience & Working Knowledge
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., agriculture, development studies).
- Three years of working experience in similar projects is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with diverse stakeholders.
Skills & Attributes
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, and Persevering & Delivering Results;
- Personnel management skills and experience;
- Good problem-solving skills and results orientation;
- Ability to travel in field areas;
- Ability to motivate and influence others;
- Sensitivity to gender and other social issues in Pakistan;
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and leadership skills;
- Excellent written/spoken English and Urdu; other languages will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in the use of computer office applications on word processing and spreadsheet;
WWF- Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to amend this document from time to time, as may be required in the interests of the organization.