About the role
The Graphic Designer at Pak Mission Society will play a significant role in advancing the organization's mission through compelling visual communication. Tasked with translating ideas into impactful designs, the Graphic Designer will collaborate with various departments to create visually engaging materials that effectively convey the organization's initiatives, messages, and goals. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for creative expression, the Graphic Designer will contribute to enhancing the visibility and impact of Pak Mission Society's projects, campaigns, and events across diverse media platforms. This role requires a dynamic individual who can bring innovative design concepts to life while aligning with the organization's values and messaging objectives. Joining the Pak Mission Society team as a Graphic Designer offers a unique opportunity to contribute artistic expertise to meaningful projects that make a positive impact on communities and individuals in need.
About the Project
The project seeks to improve the livelihood, protection, freedom and rights of the People We Serve (PWS) including vulnerable protection cases, persons who are Forcibly Displaced or FDPs through RISE approach. The Project RISE (Revitalize, Innovate, Strengthen and Empower) will foster market versed, innovative, locally evolved livelihood avenues for 300 Forcibly Displaced Persons (FDPs) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Carpet weaving is the flourishing area for the Home-based businesses (HBBs) in all Afghan Refugees Villages and Urban Clusters in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa which will be added to contribution in the expansion of the business model. Inclusion is the focus area involving and engaging women and persons who are differently abled in the existing entrepreneurial eco-system. Innovation and digitalization of the carpet weaving industry will be taken into consideration by featuring a Baseline and Market Assessment considering the upstream and downstream value chain of carpet making ecosystem and training the youth especially women in graphic designing, website development and social media handles to complete the product loop from development to marketing.
Your impactful goals will include
Design and Production:
- Create visually striking designs for both print and digital platforms that align with the organization's mission and values.
- Produce high-quality materials, including brochures, banners, social media graphics, and other promotional items, ensuring a consistent and professional appearance.
- Uphold and evolve the organization's visual identity, ensuring that all design materials adhere to brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain brand consistency across various channels and platforms.
Collaboration and Ideation:
- Work closely with internal teams, including marketing, communications, and program departments, to conceptualize and execute compelling design concepts.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, offering creative input and innovative design solutions to meet organizational objectives.
- Manage multiple design projects simultaneously, from conception to completion, ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Coordinate with external vendors and printers to oversee the production process and ensure the quality of printed materials.
Adaptability and Innovation:
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging design technologies, and best practices to continually enhance the organization's visual presence.
- Integrate innovative design techniques and technologies to keep our materials fresh, engaging, and competitive.
Social Media and Digital Presence:
- Design captivating graphics and visuals for social media platforms, ensuring our online presence reflects the organization's values and mission.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to optimize visual content for different digital channels.
Training and Capacity Building:
- Provide guidance and training to internal teams on basic design principles to foster a design-conscious culture within the organization.
- Stay engaged with colleagues to understand their design needs and tailor your support accordingly.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Diploma in graphic design, or a relevant field/certificate program.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in graphic design-related fields.
- Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite).
- Strong portfolio showcasing design skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and creativity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Proficient in using industry-standard graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Solid understanding of design principles, layout, color theory, typography, and branding.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and an understanding of how visual communication can effectively support the mission and goals of an NGO.
- Stay updated on current design trends and technologies to bring fresh and innovative ideas to the organization's visual materials.
- Familiarity with various printing processes and specifications for producing high-quality print materials.