About the role
The Project Manager will lead the area office for project implementation and be responsible for providing overall leadership in the implementation, budget management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and building collaborations and networks with line departments and other stakeholders.
About the Project
The project seeks to improve the livelihood, protection, freedom and rights of the People We Serve (PWS) including vulnerable protection cases, persons who are Forcibly Displaced or FDPs through RISE approach. The Project RISE (Revitalize, Innovate, Strengthen and Empower) will foster market versed, innovative, locally evolved livelihood avenues for 300 Forcibly Displaced Persons (FDPs) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Carpet weaving is the flourishing area for the Home-based businesses (HBBs) in all Afghan Refugees Villages and Urban Clusters in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa which will be added to contribution in the expansion of the business model. Inclusion is the focus area involving and engaging women and persons who are differently abled in the existing entrepreneurial eco-system. Innovation and digitalization of the carpet weaving industry will be taken into consideration by featuring a Baseline and Market Assessment considering the upstream and downstream value chain of carpet making ecosystem and training the youth especially women in graphic designing, website development and social media handles to complete the product loop from development to marketing.
Your impactful goals will include
- Develop a comprehensive project plan, including work breakdown structure, timelines, milestones, and resource allocation.
- Identify project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members, and other stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of project requirements and expectations.
- Manage stakeholder needs, concerns, and expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate and allocate resources, including team members, equipment, and materials, to support project execution.
- Lead the project team in executing project tasks and activities according to the project plan. Support PMS all support department at Field level.
- Monitor project progress, track key performance indicators (KPIs), and implement corrective actions when necessary to keep the project on track.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet the required quality standards and comply with client specifications.
- Conduct regular quality checks and implement quality improvement measures. Conduct 50% field visit to target areas and activities.
- Develop and manage project budgets, ensuring financial discipline and cost control throughout the project.
- Track project expenses and ensure they align with the approved budget.
- Proactively identify and manage changes in project scope, schedule, or requirements.
- Assess change requests and their potential impacts on the project, and communicate these changes to stakeholders.
- Prepare regular progress reports and updates for stakeholders and project donors and PMS Management.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including project plans, risk registers, and meeting minutes.
- Inspire, lead, and support project team members to achieve their best performance.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment to enhance team productivity and satisfaction.
- Ensure a smooth project closure process, including obtaining client sign-off on deliverables and conducting lessons-learned sessions.
- Document project outcomes, identify best practices, and share knowledge with the organization
What we are looking for:
- Master's degree in a Social Sciences/Development Sciences or MBA (Project Management).
- Certification Programme such as PMP (Project Management Professional) can be beneficial.
- 5 to 6 years of experience in project management and implementation.
- Experience in overseeing the implementation of Livelihood Projects (Focused on DRR, Agriculture, Livestock & Vocational Training).
- Project planning and scheduling: Project manager need to be able to develop a detailed project plan and schedule that includes timelines, resources, and milestones.
- Budgeting and cost management: Project manager need to be able to develop and manage budgets for his/her project, ensuring that costs are controlled and monitored.
- Risk management: Project manager need to be able to identify and mitigate risks to the project, including developing contingency plans to deal with potential issues.
- Communication: Project manager need to be effective communicator, able to convey project goals, timelines, and status updates to stakeholders, team members, and donors.
- Leadership: Project manager need to be strong leader who can inspire and motivate his/her team to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Team management: Project manager need to be able to build and manage a high-performing project team, including identifying and addressing any team performance issues.
- Quality assurance: Project manager need to ensure that the project meets quality standards and that deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
- Procurement and vendor management: Project manager need to be able to identify and manage external vendors and contractors who may be involved in the project.
- Change management: Project manager need to be able to manage changes to the project scope or timeline, including identifying potential impacts and communicating these changes to stakeholders.
- Technical expertise: Depending on the nature of the project, project manager may require specific technical expertise.