Scope of Work Summary:
The Investment and Trade promotion (IP&T) workstream requires the support of two interns, to assist the component in close follow-up, activity coordination, data management, reporting activities, administrative support of activities and in any additional tasks required. The induction of the interns will support the successful implementation of programmatic activities.
The workstream requires support of the interns to assist the workstream in various operational, managerial and programmatic tasks.
1. Position Title & Department:
Intern, Investment Promotion & Trade Workstream
2. General Summary:
Chemonics International is implementing Pakistan Investment Promotion Activity (IPA), which is a 5-year project that is aimed to strengthen Pakistan’s policy & regulatory regime and build institutional capacities to increase domestic and foreign investment, along with increasing bilateral trade between the United States and Pakistan.
The goal of the project is to work closely with the Government of Pakistan (GoP) and the Provincial Governments to streamline their business practices, improve operational transparency and governance, promote regulatory reforms and competition with an aim to reduce the cost of doing business, strengthen the investment climate for foreign investors in Pakistan and promote opportunities for enhanced trade and investment between U.S. and Pakistani businesses.
To this end, it is expected that the project will.
- Leverage $25 million dollars of Pakistani private sector investment to support $75M of Foreign Direct Investment
- $40M in U.S.-Pakistan trade increased
- 2000 meetings between US and Pakistan companies facilitated.
IPA will be achieving its targets through three major segments (1) Business Enabling Environment (2) U.S.-Pak Bilateral Trade and Investment and (3) IPA Fund and this assignment is part of the IP&T workstream.
3. Objective of the Internship:
Objective: This internship is a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of investment promotion. The interns will work with the IP&T component for a short-term period to support in the successful implementation and completion of its programmatic activities and all associated work as day to day operational/running tasks.
4. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work with the IP&T team and provide support across all activities for their successful implementation.
- To assist in all aspects of the Project’s work plan and achievement of project objectives.
- Supporting the IP&T team in day-to-day operational, management and reporting matters.
5. Specific Tasks of the Intern:
As directed by the supervisor for this position and by the Deputy Chief of Party, the interns shall perform and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
- Effectively liaise with the IP&T team, on all aspects of the USAID IPA Project work plan implementation.
- Assist in the implementation of activities necessary for the timely and successful completion of the project work.
- To assist the team in managing and supervising the tasks and deliverables of various interventions.
- Assist in developing write-ups, presentations, and other technical documentation as directed and advised by the IP&T team.
- Support the team in drafting and editing reports, including project updates, progress reports, and other relevant documents.
- Provide support in developing pipeline of investors and companies.
- Maintain project-related trackers and databases, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information on investors, pipeline companies, and other relevant data.
- Providing support to the IP&T team in organizing and setting up meetings and other forms of engagement, preparing meeting minutes, and reporting outcomes.
- Provide administrative support, conducting research, and assisting in data analysis as needed.
- Furnishing activity progress tracking tools.
- Other related tasks as required by the team.
6. Job Qualifications
- Recently completed a Bachelor's degree and have graduated since not more than 1 year in a relevant field such as business, finance, entrepreneurship, business analytics, economics or a related discipline.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to articulate information clearly and professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, establish and maintain effective working relationships, and interact professionally with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Preference will be given to individuals having knowledge about data analytics.
- Demonstrated interest in international development, investment promotion, or related fields through coursework, extracurricular activities, or previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, and respect for confidentiality.
7. Duty Station:
The individuals will be required to work on-site physically (8:30 am – 5:00 pm), 5 days a week in close coordination with the IP&T team.
8. Workspace and Use of Personal Laptop and Software(s):
The individual will be using the laptop/desktop provided by the Project or may be asked to use personal laptop as deemed necessary.
The interns will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and/or his designee and shall be work closely with the IP&T team.
10. Duration of the Assignment:
This internship is for 3 months