Security Consultant - Pakistan
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan Last Date:December 05, 2023
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center, is dedicated to addressing water-related challenges in agriculture, climate change, and resilience through innovative research. As part of our commitment to safety and security, IWMI is seeking an experienced Security Consultant to strengthen our security framework for Pakistan country operations.
Objective of the Assignment: IWMI is seeking an experienced Security Consultant to review and improve the security framework for its Pakistan country operations, which include the Lahore country office and five project offices in DI Khan, Okara, Quetta, Rahim Yar Khan, and Islamabad. The consultant will work towards ensuring the safety of personnel, assets, and the physical security of the office premises.
Scope of Work: The Security Consultant will be responsible for:
- Conducting a comprehensive security assessment of all six offices, identifying threats, vulnerabilities, strengths, weaknesses, and proposing mitigation measures.
- Reviewing and enhancing the current Security Risk Assessment Tool to align with Pakistan's security landscape.
- Developing security policy documents for IWMI Pakistan operations, including journey management protocols.
- Evaluating the roles and responsibilities related to safety and security, and providing solutions for any gaps.
- Providing tailored training for the Crisis Management Team in response to Pakistan's security scenario.
- Assessing the Crisis Management Team's terms of reference, composition, and accountability, and suggesting improvements.
- Reviewing the existing security service contract and recommending enhancements.
- Designing security trigger levels for the country and specific regions, allowing for prompt action in response to evolving situations.
- Setting travel security protocols for IWMI personnel traveling between project offices.
- Preparing a comprehensive security audit guide, enhancing physical security controls, risk management, and the drafting of a security services contract.
- Developing training materials for security awareness across the six offices.
- Creating a matrix of threat levels for the country and individual regions, tailored to the unique challenges they present.
- Formulating fire evacuation protocols, evacuation pathways, and designated assembly points.
- Designing a strategy for the establishment and training of fire warden and first aid teams across all offices.
- Developing a structured call tree mechanism to ensure rapid communication in emergency situations.
- Creating response and mitigation strategies for various scenarios such as bomb threats, hostage situations, pandemics, riots, floods, and other natural or man-made disasters.
- Mandatory -
- Significant expertise in building physical security and safety assessment and management.
- Experience in risk management and region-specific security analysis.
- Fluency in English and local language (Urdu) with the ability to deliver training.
- Familiarity with Pakistan's security landscape
- Preferred -
- Master's degree in the relevant field