Location of Work Station:
Assistant Manager- RDU
Type of Job:
The Assistant Manager will play a vital role within the Research and Development Unit (RDU) at the Legal Aid Society, providing essential support to ongoing programs in the area of research and evaluation. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for designing, executing, and managing research projects that contribute to evidence-based program development and policy advocacy at LAS. The Assistant Manager will also be responsible for working closely with the Research Manager in strategically directing RDU to contributor significantly to organizational results and learning.
Primary Job Function:
The Assistant Manager will support the Research Manager in the design and implementation of cross-organizational research initiatives and will coordinate, plan, and supervise the implementation of various primary researches. They will be responsible for collaborating with program teams to identify research needs and objectives, and will be leading the organization and management of data while ensuring its security, confidentiality, and compliance with data protection regulations. These findings will play a pivotal role in informing evidence-based program development and shaping policy advocacy initiatives at LAS.
Working closely with the Research Manager, the Assistant Manager will also be contributing to the strategic direction of RDU, ensuring its impact as a key driver of results and learning across the organization.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of research projects across LAS. He/she will be responsible for performing the following duties but shall not be limited to:
- Developing research methodologies, data collection tools, and sampling strategies;
- Coordinating data collection, ensuring adherence to ethical standards and quality control;
- Working and contributing to the team structure that guides the formulation and development of research outcomes as laid out in the LFA;
- To co-author or lead author research studies that drive policy development at LAS;
- To review final project reports with the research results;
- Develop monthly/quarterly work plans, and manage deliverable evaluation;
- Support knowledge management process;
- Collaborate with program teams to identify research needs and objectives;
- Provide guidance on integrating research findings into program strategies;
- Assist in designing monitoring and evaluation frameworks to track program impact;
- Develop and implement advocacy strategy for policy reforms;
- Develop and implement design and dissemination strategies for research @ LAS;
- Identify potential areas for collaboration and synergies between different projects to promote organization level results generation;
- Develop and maintain linkages with concerned government departments and relevant ministries, youth networks, media, and parliamentarians;
- Ensure processing of project information from relevant programs, and dissemination through the communication section of the program;
- Manage data of pre and post-tests/evaluations;
- Ensure contract database reports are reviewed/modified monthly and kept up to date;
- Train and mentor program staff in research techniques and methodologies;
- Promote a culture of research-driven decision-making within the organization;
- Facilitate workshops and knowledge-sharing sessions related to research;
- Establish and maintain relationships with academic institutions, research organizations, and relevant stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities for collaborative research and partnership-building;
- Work collaboratively with other organizational departments on overall organizational strategy and growth.
Integrated into our shared values is LAS’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, age, race, colour, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics or conduct protected by law. LAS is committed to being an inclusive organization where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at LAS has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a diverse environment.
Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Legal Aid Society (LAS) is committed to the prevention and protection from all forms of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA). LAS explicitly prohibits its
staff, associates, partners, consultants, or any other representatives associated with the delivery of its work from:
- Engaging in any form of sexual exploitation or abuse;
- Sexual activity with children (persons below the age of (18) irrespective of a mistaken belief of the age of the child which shall not amount to a defense);
- Exchange of money, employment, goods or services for sex, including sexual favors or other forms of humiliating, degrading or exploitative behavior, is prohibited. This includes any exchange of assistance that is due to beneficiaries of assistance;
- Sexual relationships between LAS staff and beneficiaries of assistance, since they are based on inherently unequal power dynamics, undermine the credibility and integrity of the work of LAS and are strongly discouraged.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Works, Anthropology, LLB, Economics, Political Science, or equivalent.
- Preference will be given to research experience
- Preference will be given to experience in designing and executing social research projects, preferably within the rule of law, human rights, or related sectors
- Required advanced level of English for reading and drafting various reports, and knowledge of Urdu and Sindhi is preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills to grasp concepts and contextual knowledge and lead conversations.
- Proficiency in data analysis using statistical software
- Strong understanding of research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Creative, energetic, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team player- ability to guide and facilitate
- Ability to multi-task and firefight, especially in high pressure environments
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
Interested candidates may apply online latest by 26th December, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for tests & interviews.
The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
For further information please visit: www.las.org.pk or email us at [email protected]