Established in 2007, AAN Associates is a ‘Social Enterprise’ established to enable development partners in finding simple, innovative, cost-efficient, and sustainable solutions to developmental challenges. AAN Associates brings extensive research and evaluation experience in varied contexts. AAN has undertaken more than 110 consulting projects in over 26 countries (East Asia and Pacific, South & West Asia, Middle East, East and South Africa, and West Africa), with bi / multilateral funding agencies, United Nations, public sector, and non-profit entities.
AAN is a growing organization with a distinctive track of producing award-winning research and evaluations. These awards and distinctions have come to complement AAN’s recognition as practice lead in ‘Social Research’ and ‘Evaluations'. AAN is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy underpinned by excellence in service, improvising innovation, and technology, strengthening partnerships and resources, forging institutional systems and diversity.
The purpose of this role is to provide the Project Management Unit with a handful of resources to manage, implement and conclude the execution of multiple projects from inception till closeout simultaneously. The position holder will lead all coordination efforts for smooth implementation, independently or with assigned team, collaborate with client, consultants, and partners, and manage quality deliverables for each assigned project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop understanding of the assignment and internal processes/standards by reading multiple assignment and AAN’s project management documents such as Terms of Reference (ToRs), AAN proposal/bid, and other relevant background documents (technical papers, draft proposals, partners, and consultants’ profiles etc.); client standards (reporting and assessment templates and guidelines), and AAN evaluation and Operation manuals. This shall remain an ongoing task throughout the assignment.
- Work together with Project Management Team to develop/review assignment implementation plans, project budget, and lead the periodic reviews and make necessary adjustments in project plans and financials to enable smooth and quality delivery.
- Act as key focal point for client communication on both the operational and assignment issues.
- Recruit, place/contract and oversee performance of key assignment resources – national and international technical experts, national and international partner organisations (mostly consulting/research entities, academic institutions, CSOs, etc.) and assignment team members.
- Demonstrate proactive leadership for quality field data collection, analysis, and reports. Where required, seek support from in-house and external resources for consistent and quality delivery of assignment deliverables (as per client and AAN’s standards).
- Put in place assignment monitoring systems (including performance monitoring of resources) to track progress and address emerging issues to help keep assignment on track.
- Keep track of the field activities, ensure efficiency utilization of resources, and provide regular updates on the progress.
- Lead documentation and record management of the project, prepare a concise Project Closure Report.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree or above in social science and/or degree/certification in project management from any reputable university.
- Minimum six (6) year experience in project implementation, with three (3) year as lead on project delivery in execution of evaluation and research studies, M&E, or any other similar nature assignments in the development sector.
- Knowledge and experience of project management cycle is must (especially for evaluation). PM expertise includes, planning, coordination and oversight, performance management, financial and risk management, client relationship management.
- Expertise of Team management and remote resources management and experience of working with multi sectoral and multi-cultural teams, experience of working with development partners (UN, multi-lateral and bilateral donors, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to excel in client management and cultivate long-lasting relationships.
Skills and Attributes
- Preference will be given to those who possess Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Ability/ exposure to write evaluation reports.
- Ability to lead and manage diverse teams, consultants, and partners.
- Ability to motivate teams, provide timely resolutions to conflicts.
- Proficient in multitasking, effective time management, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to plan and organize work by identifying priority activities and adjusting priorities as required, and.
- Comprehensive understanding of development sector, particularly funding flows, and adept in financial management to ensure strategic allocation of resources.