I. JOB SUMMARY:
HR Assistant will be responsible for assisting the People and Culture Manager in the day to day administrative and HR duties of the organization. S/he would be mainly involved in assisting the Line Manager in recruitment and selection, benefit management, record maintenance as well as will be providing clerical support to all employees.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Recruitment & Selection % time: 15%
- Assist People and Culture Manager in advertising the vacant positions.
- Provide support in Longlist to People and Culture Manager
- Draft JDs according to the program and operations need and share with People and Culture Manager and relevant staff
- Correspondence with the short- listed candidates (calls and emails for test and interview)
- Provide support in conducting Interviews.
- To participate in interview panel on the direction of People and Culture Manager
- Conduct reference for the potential candidates.
- Share Policies and Joining documents with the new recruits.
- Arrange orientation of new hires according to the policy and procedures
- Request for Official email account as well as laptop for the new joiner.
Job Responsibility #2: Compensation and Benefit Management % time: 30%
- Assist the Line Manager in compiling the supporting documents for the monthly payroll and associated reports for submission to finance as well as other departments.
- Keep track of national staff leaves including annual, casual, sick, compensatory, special leave, hardship, Hajj leave, LWOP. Prepare and update leave record and submit monthly record to finance.
- Ensure all staff share leave applications by the end of every month.
- Keep all staff members updated on their leave balances by uploading the record on one drive.
- Review OPD and IPD claims to ensure accuracy and complete documentation and submit to Finance/ Insurance Company after getting it reviewed by the Line Manager.
- Follow-up on claim reimbursement and report any issues that may arise to the line manager.
- Timely intimation of Addition/Deletion to health and Life Insurance companies.
- Update staff list on EOBI portal and generate voucher for payment of contribution (Employee and Employer)
- Follow up on overtime to ensure timely submission.
- Assist People and Culture Manager in conducting benefit survey and analysis as and when necessary
Job Responsibility # 3 Effective staff transition process and Departures % time: 15%
- Draft personnel actions for any change in contract status including but not limited to: promotion, change in job title, reporting line, salary, grade, duty station, short-term & permanent transfers, TDYs and any other changes. Remind Managers about staff contract expiry.
- Prepare Quit Claim Form (QCFs) for final settlement and submit to finance upon completion of clearance procedure.
- Orient staff on checkout sheets and ensure completion of clearance before staff departure.
- Maintain summary of QCF and follow up with Finance for payments.
- Complete all the required documentation and processes are followed while any staff departs
- Maintain data for staff exit interviews for management reporting purposes.
- Arrangement of Farewell, gift and Shield for the departing staff as per policy
Job Responsibility # 4: Staff Training and development % time: 10%
- Support People and Culture Manager in preparing Training Need Assessment (TNA) of all staff based on APAAs.
- Facilitate staff in getting enrolled in relevant and mandatory trainings.
- Maintain database of trainers with respect to their expertise in various training fields.
- Maintain database of training attended by staff
- Assist in arranging customized trainings for staff as per organizational requirement.
- Process International travel insurance of staff travelling abroad for training/meetings
- Ensure that prior to training, service agreement is signed as per policy, if applicable.
- Maintain record of staff registered on CARE Academy and update the list to add/delete IDs.
- Ensure that all staff completes the mandatory courses on Care Academy.
Job Responsibility # 5 HR Administrative Tasks and Data base Management % time: 25%
- Draft letters for staff including but not limited to reference letters, account opening letters etc.
- Orient staff on PAR and ensure that PARs are filled appropriately and are submitted on time
- Follow up on PARs
- Maintain personnel files. Ensure that all files are complete and have all required documents for reference.
- Ensure that personnel records of all staff are in order including employment details, medical and life insurance
Job Responsibility # 6: Perform other duties as assigned. % of Time: 5%
- Any other tasks or responsibilities based on organizational and programming need as assigned by Line Manager.
- Safety and Security is everyone’s responsibility within CI through full compliance and accountability (as per Principle –ii of the CARE International Safety & Security Principles).
III. PROBLEM SOLVING (THINKING ENVIRONMENT)
This is an Assistant level position and requires minimum analysis of problems faced in day to day work, problem definition and development of alternative solutions.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Management Sciences or Social Sciences.
- Preferred: MBA/Master’s Degree in HR.
B) EXPERIENCE – Minimum 1-2 years of previous professional experience in a similar position in development sector, corporate organization or private sector
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills both in English & Urdu
- MS Office proficiency and working knowledge HR related software
- Knowledge of Pakistan Labor Laws will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of and adherence to Gender and Ethnic Diversity
Integrity, Negotiation skills, planning and organizing, building relationships across units, customer focus/orientation, information management, innovation, stress tolerance
V. DUTY STATION AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
This position will be based in Islamabad. It may involve travel to other field offices (20% of the time).
CARE participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we hereby request information from candidate’s previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the candidate left employment. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to [email protected] before the stated deadline along with a cover letter reflecting how the individual's qualification, experience and skill set meet the job requirements. Also, we encourage qualified women to apply to the role.
Please share your current as well as salary expectation along with the CV.