CARE is a leading global humanitarian and development organization. In Pakistan, CARE started its operations in 2005 and since then has supported the Government of Pakistan’s efforts to reduce poverty and suffering of the people affected by disasters. CARE’s programs focus on helping Pakistan achieve its Sustainable Development Goals especially in the areas of Health, Education, Women’s Economic Empowerment and Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR). Since starting operations in Pakistan, CARE has responded with life-saving support to a series of large-scale disasters. CIP works through its local partners and a range of stakeholders for development, as well as emergency response related interventions, which makes collaboration a key component of its work, across the country. We are a nationally inclusive organization that strives to support the most vulnerable communities all over Pakistan, with particular attention to women and girls and youth.
Since the onset of 2022 monsoon floods in Pakistan, CARE International has initiated much needed life-saving humanitarian response for flood affected communities in Baluchistan, Sindh and Punjab provinces.
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The Nutrition Manager will be responsible for quality implementation of nutrition programming. The incumbent will be responsible for overall nutrition programming strategies, effective and impactful integration with FSL and other activities, as well as possible overlaps with existing programs in the districts. Nutrition Manager will also assure that CMAM interventions are effectively run and managed of high quality and consistent to humanitarian standards and ensure the appropriate technical support to the partners. Further, the position will contribute to the active representation of CARE with external actors at district and provincial level on relevant forums. The incumbent will work closely with implementing partners as well as Core program team to implement the projects under the guidance and supervision of Head of Field Office and Team Leader.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
% of Time: 30%
Job Responsibility #1: Management of Nutrition Activities and Strategy
- Ensure a consistent and integrated CARE response to the nutritional needs with holistic approach to the nutrition programming in the area that creates credibility of our actions.
- Develop project implementation plan including procurement, distribution, spending plans and coordinate with all relevant stakeholders (Implementing partner, CARE MEAL, finance, admin and logistics departments) for timely and quality implementation of emergency response activities.
- Supervises the technical work of partner in nutrition interventions and provides adequate constructive feedback and render technical support to partner teams.
- Ensure that the technical protocols, manuals, guidelines and forms used in the field are consistent to nutrition programming protocols and in line with national guidelines.
- Plan, with local partners, and lead appropriate assessments of nutrition needs and capacities in target areas. Analyze assessment data and synthesize findings in the form of concise and timely reports with clear recommendations.
- Ensure strict compliance of project activities with CARE International policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements. Analyzes the project activities and results against the internationally validated indicators (Sphere standards and CARE standards) and propose improvements and modifications, if need be, in collaboration with the Team Leader/ HPM and Head of Field Office.
- Take lead in devising targeting strategy for CMAM activities in intervention areas in consultation with nutrition stakeholder for effective nutrition outcomes and impacts.
- Work closely with FSL and other sector teams in developing SOPs for integrated work modalities to ensure holistic support to food insecure families that result in greater nutrition outcomes.
- Orient partner organizations and staff not engaged in direct nutrition programming on nutrition activities (EFSL and WASH actors)
- Assess, design and implement appropriate training programs to equip and upgrade knowledge and skills of partner in field.
% of Time: 20%
Job Responsibility # 2: Effective Monitoring and Evaluation System and Reporting
- Work in collaboration with PDQ and MEAL Manager/ Specialist in setting monitoring and performance benchmarks for the CMAM program.
- Works with the MEAL dept to review and design M&E plan and data collection tools to support participatory monitoring on progress against SAM and MAM program indicators and train relevant staff of partner.
- Supports, monitors and assist in quality of field data collection, consolidate, analyze and share findings widely for learning purposes and info sharing.
- Contributes to the elaboration by reviewing the reports generated by partner on CARE internal and external reports (proposal, quarterly, final reports), with respect of the formats and deadlines.
- Develop user-friendly reporting templates for monthly activity reports (compilation of the activities on the base(s) and activity report) with a qualitative look at the project and share the consolidated reports with Team Leader and EPP Coordinator.
- Supports partner team to develop quality monthly activity reports presented to the health and nutrition authorities as and when required.
- In coordination with relevant team members at CO, ensure the preparation of a timely program delivery and submitting the donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal CARE requirements and relevant external donor requirements.
- Develop lessons learned and issue logs to inform senior management and EPP with rigorous follow ups and improving programming activities.
% of Time: 15%
Job Responsibility #3: Coordination and Liaison with Govt. and External Actors
- Support in identifying and participates together with partners to nutrition and health meetings (with NGOs, MoH, UNICEF, WFP, WHO and donors) at field level and Islamabad as required.
- Coordinate with relevant provincial authorities to initiate process of NOC and govt. permission to work in district.
- Coordinate with the provincial health and nutrition cells, and other nutritional NGOs, UNICEF and WFP and local level, specifically EDO and PPHI for consolidated response.
- Participating regularly in nutrition cells meetings and with all relevant partners at local level and participate to technical coordination forum.
- Collect data from formal or informal meeting with other partners to get information on the nutrition needs in other areas of the country, and propose actions (assessments, surveys, program implementation) accordingly
- Support the Team Leader that coordination and mainstreaming activities arising from alliances/consortia in the country are vigorously followed up.
% of Time: 15%
Job Responsibility # 4: Program Supplies
- Establish and connecting Nutrition interventions for the required support on CMAM program supplies from UNICEF and WFP.
- Ensures that all nutrition supplies’ call-forwards are developed according to the required formats for both UNICEF and WFP.
- Supports the Program managers follow the appropriate reporting procedures for monthly supplies accountability.
- Ensure that supplies are procured timely and all PPP are developed in close working with partners and CARE operation team.
% of Time: 15%
Job Responsibility # 5: Communication
- Communicate regularly with partner for follow up, troubleshooting and technical and strategic advice.
- Communicate with the logistics and administration departments in order to have a good follow up of respective departments (supply requests, stocks, pharmacy, etc. and budget and expense follow ups) and solve problems as they arise.
- Communicate with other technical department in (WASH, FSL) for the information collection, understanding on the nutritional context, and coherence of intervention.
- Other technical departments should be systematically consulted for any proposal writing for information sharing and analysis of the field situation. Survey/Assessment report which collects WASH or FSL information should be shared with and validated by respective coordinators to ensure integrated formulation and validity of recommendations.
- Communicate externally with the other organizations and authorities on a regular basis under the supervision of Team Leader.
% of time: 05%
Job Responsibility # 6: Others
- The duties and responsibilities described above are subject to change, depending on organizational needs.
- Safety and Security is everyone’s responsibility within CI through full compliance and accountability (as per Principle of the CARE International Safety & Security Principles).
IV. QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
Bachelor’s in medical sciences, Masters in Nutrition, nursing, or social sciences or equivalent experience in nutrition will be considered.
Masters Degree in Public Health will be considered an added advantage.
- Over all 8-10 years of expereince.
- Minimum three years experience of nutrition programs with at least 2 years experience in program implementation. Experience with capacity building of health systems in developing contexts an advantage.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Experience in coordination of humanitarian programs.
- Significant experience in development and recovery project management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend and adopt new or changes in technical standards and best practice approaches to ensure rapid, consistent, high quality emergency response strategies and programmes in health and nutrition
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with international institutions and agencies, local governments and community leaders and develop multi-stakeholder support for humanitarian priorities and advocacy initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines/procedures in humanitarian, recovery, and development settings.
- Experienced in working with private funding and foundations.
- Ability to lead program design with thorough analysis of context and problems, identification of goals, objectives and activities and rationale/stretegies of intervetions
- Belief in the dignity and rights of all people and it is reflected in the life and work of the Professional
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent human resource management skills.
- Excellent delegation, organizational, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Respect GEED, accountability and building partnerships,
- Strong skills in setting priorities: Is able to focus on important tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written; strong skills in reporting can draft report in English, analyzing processes with respect to impact indicators, problems and solutions.
- Knowledge of MS word, excel & power point
- Has received basic training on communication, report writing and has been involved in collecting program information.
V. CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
Nutrition Manager will have working relation with Team Leader, Head of Field Office, Director Emeregncy, Partner Organization and other stakeholders within and outside of the organization as well as implementors in the field to develop adequate porgram designs.
VI. WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Nutrition Manager will be based in Islamabad with 70% travel to field.
CARE participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we hereby request information from candidate’s previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the candidate left employment. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to [email protected] before the stated deadline along with a cover letter reflecting how the individual's qualification, experience and skill set meet the job requirements. Also, we encourage qualified women to apply to the role.
Please share your current as well as salary expectation along with the CV.