Location of Work Station:
Type of Job:
Litigation Specialist and Legal Oversight & Quality Assurance Officer
The position holder will be part of a team implementing the projects on "Protecting and Promoting Religious Freedom in Pakistan". Employee will be responsible for planning and implementing awareness clinics and linking communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing strategies to map and reach out communities in Sindh
- Planning and implementing awareness clinics in project area with minimal assistance
- Prepare work plans/work schedules for all planned activities and ensure these are submitted to the Program Officers, Program and M&E Managers for approval as per agreed dates of implementation and project cycle.
- Contributing in designing session plans for community awareness sessions
- Conducting Awareness Clinics as per planned targets and maintaining attendance sheets accordingly
- Networking with governmental and non- governmental organizations for collaboration and way forward
- Creating strong linkages and maintaining good relations with communities for smooth implementation of project activities
- Writing reports, success stories and developing case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Maintaining data in soft and physical form
- Coordinating with HR Department for the necessary arrangements of Clinics/trainings.
- Promote the LAS work at Provincial levels.
- Any other official task(s) assigned by project lead or management
Integrated into our shared values is LAS’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics or conduct protected by law. LAS is committed to being an inclusive organization where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encourage to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at LAS has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a diverse environment.
Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Legal Aid Society (LAS) is committed to the prevention and protection from all forms of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA). LAS explicitly prohibits its
staff, associates, partners, consultants, or any other representatives associated with the delivery of its work from:
- Engaging in any form of sexual exploitation or abuse;
- Sexual activity with children (persons below the age of (18) irrespective of a mistaken belief of the age of the child which shall not amount to a defense);
- Exchange of money, employment, goods or services for sex, including sexual favors or other forms of humiliating, degrading or exploitative behavior, is prohibited. This includes any exchange of assistance that is due to beneficiaries of assistance;
- Sexual relationships between LAS staff and beneficiaries of assistance, since they are based on inherently unequal power dynamics,undermine the credibility and integrity of the work of LAS and are strongly discouraged.
REQUIREMENTS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of legal framework of Protecting and Promoting Religious Freedom in Pakistan.
- Prior work experience in the similar area will be preferred.
- Minimum Qualification (LLB with second class).
- Minimum Experience (3 to 4 Years in related field).
- Language(s): Advance level English (reading, writing) and fluency in Urdu/Sindhi
- Computer Skills (Proficiency in MS Office)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to network and liaise with the community
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Willingness to work and live in harsh conditions.
Interested candidates may apply online latest by 4th December, 2023.
In case of any query please email at [email protected]
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for test & interview.
The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
For further information please visit http//www.las.org.pk