Background: The Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It is registered under section 42 of the Companies Act, 2017. Citizen Engagement Program is a 5 Year project that aims to strengthen effectiveness of citizen-led interventions; and improve government responsiveness to citizens’ concerns in context to building resilient communities and Disaster Mitigation in South Punjab and North Sindh.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will be part of the CEP team and provide support in the monitoring and evaluation of the project’s interventions, coordination and implementation through the use and deployment of standardized MEL tools and processes.
Job Description and Responsibilities: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) officer will contribute to the existing CEP monitoring & evaluation mechanisms and ensure program staff participation in MEL activities. S/he or she will be assisting the MEL Manager in operationalization and implementation of the MEL functions; work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the CEP MEL commitments and improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes.
Following will be the key responsibilities of the MEL officer:
1) Support MEL Manger in managing the MEL plan(s), indicator reference sheets and tracking table, results reporting, sharing guidance, tools, templates, and trainings on key MEL concepts and processes for data management.
2) Conduct Site Visits, Focus Group Discussions (FGD’s) and employ other qualitative data collection tools and methods to assess and report on program activities, outcomes, and impacts.
3) Support MEL Manager to track performance for all program-specific indicators, analyze and summarize data for drafting high-quality reports including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as per USAID requirements.
4) Assist in applying the CLA approach to design adaptable MEL processes based on evidence for informed decision-making.
5) Assist in developing standard data collection tools, oversee data cleaning, analysis, and reporting, and provide staff training.
6) Assist in developing and managing the MEL database system and dashboard to generate management reports using specified templates and desired frequency.
7) Assist in collecting, compiling and uploading data on the MEL database, Pakinfo, and Development Information System for management and USAID reporting.
8) Take part and conduct regular data verification and internal Data Quality Assessment (DQA) to assess and ensure the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
9) Facilitate access and provide support to partners, sub-grantees and program teams to align understanding of the AMEL plan, including sharing guidance, tools, templates, and trainings on key MEL concepts and processes.
10) Support MEL Manager for Review and Learning Workshops, identification and documentation of success stories, lessons learned, and impact pieces.
11) Plan & undertake regular site visits, baseline, surveys, rapid assessments, and overall monitoring & evaluation of program activities.
12) Conduct interviews with direct and indirect beneficiaries to obtain feedback on the quality of CEP’s program activities and recommendations for improvement.
13) Facilitate access and provide support and input to consultants/ external consultancy firms running surveys and dialogues in field.
14) Maintain open and professional relations with other team members while promoting strong team spirit.
15) Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the MEL Manager.
- Post graduate degree in business studies or social science subjects such as development studies, project management, international relations, or any other related subject.
- A minimum of 04 years’ experience of working in the development sector particularly in disaster risk reduction, building resilient communities and gender equity. It shall include at least 03-year experience and demonstrated expertise of working in areas of Project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of qualitative & quantitative data collection, validation, analysis, and visualization methods, and database development/management, report writing, presentations, record keeping and data management.
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel (data analysis and visualization), and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities and collaborate effectively within a team.
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded programs will be an added advantage.