About the role:
An Internal Auditor will play a critical role in ensuring the financial integrity and compliance of an organization's operations. This position will involve assessing and evaluating internal controls, financial records, and operational processes to identify areas of risk, inefficiency, and non-compliance. The Internal Auditor will work closely with various departments to recommend improvements and ensure that the organization's resources are managed effectively and in accordance with established policies and regulations.
Your impactful goals will include:
- Risk Assessment: The internal auditor will be responsible for identifying and assessing the risks and vulnerabilities within an organization. He/she must understand the organization's operations, systems, and processes to determine where risks may exist.
- Audit Planning: The internal auditor will create audit plans that outline the scope, objectives, and methodologies of the audit. These plans will be essential for ensuring that audits are conducted effectively and efficiently.
- Audit Execution: This involves conducting detailed examinations and evaluations of financial records, internal controls, processes, and procedures to determine compliance with policies and regulations. Internal auditor will use various techniques, such as interviews, document review, and data analysis.
- Documentation: The internal auditor will must maintain accurate records and documentation of his/her audit procedures and findings. This documentation is crucial for reference and reporting.
- Reporting: After completing an audit, the internal auditor will prepare detailed reports that summarize his/her findings and make recommendations for improvements or corrective actions. These reports will be presented to senior management.
- Control Testing: The internal auditor will assess the effectiveness of an organization's internal controls to prevent fraud, errors, and inefficiencies. He/she may recommend changes to these controls if necessary.
- Compliance: Ensure that the organization complies with relevant laws and regulations.
- Follow-up: After making recommendations for improvements, the internal auditor will follow up to ensure that corrective actions are taken and that the issues identified are resolved.
- Communication: The Internal auditor will often need to communicate with various stakeholders, including management, employees, and external auditors. Effective communication skills are crucial for his/her role.
- Continuous Learning: Keeping up to date with changes in laws, regulations, and industry best practices is essential for internal auditor to perform their role effectively.
- Objectivity: The Internal auditor must remain independent and objective in his/her assessments, free from conflicts of interest that could compromise the integrity of his/her work.
- Data Analysis: The internal auditor needs to possess data analysis skills to examine large datasets for anomalies and insights.
What we are looking for:
- Master's degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, business administration, ACCA, or any other related field.
- Certifications like CMA, CIA, and CPA can be of significant advantage.
- Computer Office automation course, Proficient in using automated financial systems (Peachtree, SAP, Quick books).
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Accounting & Financial Knowledge
- Risk Assessment
- Problem-solving and Decision-making Skills
- Demonstrating a high level of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality is essential for building trust and maintaining the organization's reputation
- Internal Controls
- Regulatory Compliance
- Data Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Time Management
- Ethical Standards
Why should you join us at Pak Mission Society?
At Pak Mission Society, we provide you with the platform to work in a challenging environment to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest.
As an equal employment opportunity provider, Pak Mission Society makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit irrespective of race, caste, gender, creed, color, religion, national origin, or disability.