The position contributes to improving the quality of DIL programs by maintaining an efficient and effective monitoring system and improving the data archival of DIL as an organization. It also contributes to field-based support on MEAL and acts as a focal point for Monitoring, Evaluation, Analysis, and Learning.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in creating and executing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework to track project progress and outcomes.
- Data Collection: Design data collection tools, methodologies, and systems to gather relevant data for performance assessment.
- Data Analysis: Analyze collected data to identify trends, challenges, and opportunities, and provide insights for decision-making.
- Reporting: Prepare regular reports on project performance, including progress, impact, and any necessary corrective actions.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure data accuracy, reliability, and consistency in data collection and analysis processes.
- Indicator Development: Define and manage performance indicators that align with project objectives and key results.
- Evaluation and Impact Assessment: Conduct periodic evaluations to measure the overall impact of programs and projects.
- Capacity Building: Train project staff in M&E concepts, tools, and techniques to enhance their understanding of monitoring and evaluation.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with project stakeholders, including donors, partners, and beneficiaries, to gather input and feedback.
- Risk Management: Identify potential project risks and recommend strategies for mitigating them.
- Budget and Resource Management: Manage the budget and resources allocated to the M&E activities effectively.
- Learning and Adaptation: Use evaluation findings to make recommendations for program improvements and adaptations.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of all M&E activities and findings for future reference.
- Compliance: Ensure the project complies with all relevant M&E guidelines and standards.
- Communication: Clearly communicate M&E results and insights to project managers, senior leadership, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: Keep up-to-date with best practices in monitoring and evaluation and propose enhancements to the M&E system.
- Ethical Considerations: Adhere to ethical data collection and reporting standards, ensuring data privacy and confidentiality.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments and team members to integrate M&E into project planning and implementation.
- Feedback Loops: Establish mechanisms for incorporating feedback and lessons learned into project decision-making.
- Performs other monitoring tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
Education, Qualification, Skills, and Experience:
Education: (Formal Degree)
- Master / Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences and Development studies
- 3 years of relevant experience in the development sector
Skills: (Essential and Desirable)
- Oral communication skills (E)
- Report writing skills (D)
- Strong analytical skills for qualitative and quantitative data (E)
Technical Knowledge/ Know-how
- Excellent computer skills especially software for statistical analysis like MS Excel, Access, and SPSS.