The Digital Marketing Manager will be a vital member of the Marketing team and to use their meticulous advertising, digital and creative skills to explain the impact and reach of organization’s humanitarian work, which improves the lives of communities across the globe, throughout Canada and expand globally. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director in Canada, the successful candidate will develop a digital marketing strategy to ideate, implement and complete paid advertising campaigns. They will manage members of the marketing team to ensure projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. They will be the go-to person for all aspects of our digital marketing strategy, fostering existing donors, and capturing new leads.
- Develop and implement comprehensive digital marketing strategies and campaigns to increase brand awareness, drive online traffic, and engage with target audiences.
- Manage and optimize digital marketing channels, including websites, social media platforms, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and display advertising.
- Collaborate with the Canada-based team to align digital marketing strategies with overall organizational goals and campaigns.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and best practices in digital marketing.
- Analyzing donor statistics and using them to report on the success of marketing campaigns, appeals, and optimizing them as necessary.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns, identify areas for improvement, and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging digital marketing trends, tools, and technologies, and proactively recommend innovative strategies to enhance organization's digital presence.
- Work closely with the development and design teams as well as liaise with other internal teams when necessary.
- Manage website re-design process, as necessary for advertising campaigns and SEO optimization. Develop successful advertising landing pages to drive donations and/or signups.
- Train and mentor junior team members, fostering their growth and development in digital marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, digital media, communications, or a related field. Relevant certifications or additional training in digital marketing will be a plus.
- Proven experience as a Digital Marketing Manager or in a similar role, preferably in the non-profit sector, or project management sector.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing principles, tools, and techniques, including SEO, SEM, social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, and analytics.
- Proficiency in digital marketing platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, Adroll, Youtube, and email marketing software.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, draw insights, and make data-driven decisions.
- Expert knowledge of Google’s and Facebook’s ever-changing policies, and ability to adapt at short notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Creativity and a keen eye for design and storytelling.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams and diverse cultures.
- Knowledge of the Canadian digital landscape, including social media platforms, local trends, and consumer behavior, will be highly advantageous.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to work independently using strong initiative.
- Understanding inclusive fundraising and accessibility practices is an asset.
- Commitment to the organization's mission and values.
The organization is committed to workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion- principles that are fundamental to our mission. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, and we seek to maintain a welcoming, inclusive, and high-performing culture in our office.