Human Appeal is an incorporated UK charity and a global humanitarian and development organisation. We save lives, alleviate poverty, transform and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence and establishment of self-sustaining development programmes. Our vision is ‘’ to become the global agent of change for a just, caring, and sustainable world’’.
The position is responsible for assessment, community mobilization, CBOs formation, grassroots stakeholder’s coordination, village mapping, capacity development and behavior change through communication for a donor funded WASH project. This position is expected to assume overall responsibility of implementing a behavior change & communication (BCC) campaign / Social & behavioral communication campaign (SBCC) on hygiene promotion, safe sanitation & water quality management. The position will also be responsible for highlighting needs for WASH infrastructure development and conduct social mobilization in the communities along with Primary & secondary level educational institutes and healthcare facilities. The position will further be responsible to identify & engage CRPs in targeted villages to cascade project messages & ensuring sustainability.
- Develop strategy of community interaction and holding dialogues, broad based community meetings for forming project related social structures both at communal and institutional level
- Support data collection on Pre & Post KAP, needs assessment of villages and communities for existing practices related to WASH, WASH Hardware
- Formation of VWCs/ WSGs through social mobilization process ensuring representation from all segments of society.
- Capacity building of CBOs/ VWCs/ WSGs on leadership, organizational management and record keeping for effective, inclusive and gender responsive community participation
- Identification and capacity building of CRPs for work planning and tasks assignment and completion reports
- Liaison and coordination with VC/ NC members for their effective participation in the relevant activities
- Capacity development of elected and appointed government grassroots officials on PATS+
- Community mobilization for sanitation management with low cost and self-help solutions
- Preparation of village profiles and community engagement plans
- To organize and conduct community meetings, capacity building activities, walks, events and other sensitization and communication methods for hygiene awareness
- Identification and addressing of community WASH needs through participatory approaches
- Community mobilization for triggering and support to officials in verification and certification of committees with ODF villages
- To assist Project Coordinators and MEAL unit for preparing case studies and success stories
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly progress to relevant quarters
- Ensure accountability and best use of project resources for optimum delivery of project objectives
- Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors in social sciences with 4-5 years of social mobilization experience with minimum 2-3 years of WASH sector experience.
- Having area specific experience is highly desirable
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Excellent skills on computer operation, especially on MS Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
- Community mobilization and motivation skills
- Training and capacity building skills
- Problem solving ability and negotiation skills
- Fluency in local languages along with good English knowledge