Qualifications and Experience:
For the post of MEAL Officer, a degree from a recognized university and minimum four years of experience in the humanitarian/development sector is considered necessary.
Experience of monitoring FSL and WASH theme based projects as well
Conduct monitoring, develop and Strengthen the Organization’s MEAL System
- Assist in the implementation of agreed M&E frame work of donor as well as of Organization’s MEAL Plan for humanitarian assistance project.
- Develop proper monitoring tracker and closely follow up with program team to check whether or not key recommendations given in monitoring reports are being followed
- Assist in the implementation of Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) of the organization and maintain the Complains and feedback received, ensuring a timely and appropriate follow-up if needed
- Support project field staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities (including women) and that information is shared with affected communities.
- Undertake regular visits to the field for data collection, monitoring project implementation activities develop monitoring reports and identify any course correction/modifications that might be needed in the project implementation as well as the current M&E system and practices for better performance
- Identify, analyse and synthesise lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate program staff for the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle of project
- Take lead in designing and conducting surveys such as needs assessment, baseline/end line surveys, Post Distribution Monitoring, CASH Recipient Verifications (CRVs) etc.
- Facilitate and assist monitoring visits of the management and relevant external stakeholders
Assessment and Reporting for projects
- Closely monitor humanitarian assistance project and report progress to supervisor
- Record and report both qualitative and quantitative aspects of progress against the agreed Indicator Tracking Table and MEAL Framework
- Assist in maximizing involvement of project team in meeting their objectives and targets against their specific project proposal/trackers through the establishment of a follow-up system
- Provide support to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and constraints of Organization’s project in the program areas.
The responsibilities listed above cover most of the tasks that would be performed by the individual in this position; however, the MEAL Officer can also be assigned other relevant official tasks by the Direct Supervisor/ Management as and when required.