Position: Project Officer / District Project Manager
No. of Positions: 02 Male/Female
Place of Posting: District Dadu / District Larkana
Age Limit: 25-40 Years
Reporting Line: Project Manager Health / Project Manager SIOVS
Qualification: Relevant qualification i.e. Masters /MBA
Experience: At least 5 years professional experience in planning, managing and evaluating international development programmes with government, NGOs, and other development organisations.
Skills: Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills)
Knowledge in MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions
1. Core Purpose
Implements specific programmes or projects, including budget, programme design, development, project monitoring and supports programme evaluations.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
- Relevant qualification ie. Masters /MBA
- At least 5 years professional experience in planning, managing and evaluating international development programmes with government, NGOs, and other development organisations
- Good knowledge and understanding of international development work and understanding of inclusive Project Cycle Management (iPCM)
- Minimum 1-2 working experience with INGOS supported programme particularly health, education and eye health
- Good understanding in financial management
- Experience and understanding of Community Based Inclusive Development.
- Good understanding of all widely followed programming principles and priorities
- Previous experience of working with people with disabilities is a significant advantage
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary
- Willingness to adhere and commit to organizational Values and Child Protection Policy
- Expert in dealing with Project related finances.
- English (professional proficiency)
- Local / regional language (professional proficiency / advantageous)
- Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills)
- Knowledge in MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions
- Organisational competencies
- o Quality of Work
- o Quantity of Work
- o Professional Knowledge
- o Fostering Teamwork
- o Attention to Communication
- o Customer / Service Orientation
- o Initiative
- o Results Orientation
- o Flexibility
- o Persuasive communication
- o Technical expertise
- o Result orientation
3. Overall objective
As a proactive member of the Programme Team, contribute to the implementation of programme according to project log frame. The Programme Officer will manage and develop current partnerships and projects, and provide input and recommendations on good development and disability practices when necessary.
4. Main Activities
- Responsible for implementation at district level (based in Dadu and Larkana); Set-up of teams at project start; Coordination of social organizers
- Monitor and coordinate transfers of funds or goods to partners and ensure that they are duly acknowledged in a timely fashion
- Remind partners to request project grants in due time and with proper documentation
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that reasons for any proviso (temporary project hold) are removed as soon as possible.
- Evaluate the financial statements in coordination with Finance and operations.
Team/ Project Management
- Transform the relationship between stakeholders and both organizations (HANDS and SIOVS).
- Ensure compliance to accountability and programme quality standards for good development practice
- Promote access to and inclusion of all people with disabilities to CBM-supported projects
- Ensure that project team comply with organizational regulations and guidelines for submission of reports and information
- Conduct periodic project reviews to monitor implementation against project plans and evaluate success (outcome, impact, cost-benefit, cost-effectiveness)
- Coordinate donor/ project managers project visits with local authorities, prepare logistics/ necessary project documents and complete project visit reports
- Ensure good practice case studies/ lessons learned from projects are adequately documented and shared
- Work with partners and other stakeholders to ensure the promotion and long-term sustainability of projects
- Liaise with government officials, NGOs, and other stakeholders regarding project activities when required
- Liaise with consultants, if or as per requirement of the organization.
- Identify needs and implement capacity development activities with project team, when required
5. Performance Criteria
- Manage budgets/costs accurately