Job Description and Major Responsibilities
Position title: Snr. Program Manager WASH and Primary Health Care
Reporting to: Head of Program / Chief Executive Officer
Location base: Islamabad
This post reports to the Head of the Program/ Chief Executive Officer and works closely with all heads of departments and management program development and quality assurance. He / She will supervise the overall implementation of WASH interventions.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities
- As a department lead, Responsible for overall program management and implementation.
- Provide technical support and leadership to project staff
- Proficient and responsible in developing WASH, PHC, and Climate Change proposals as per annual work plan as required by funding agencies
- Identify WASH, PHC, and Climate Change needs in potential program areas, based on learning and operational research, Coordinate & hold partnership meetings with INGOs and donor agencies.
- Represent the organization at National WASH clusters and relevant forums, coordinate with implementing partners and other relevant Govt. & corporate organizations for effective linkages.
- Identify learning and training opportunities & provide technical support for WASH project staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collection of program indicators, and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports.
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints, or escalating issues, and inform the hierarchy accordingly.
- Ensure that all relevant data and information is updated, well organized, and easily accessible and lessons learned and best practices are capitalized.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief in WASH are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Standard and Govt of Pakistan national WASH policies and guidelines.
- Ensure the development and delivery of qualitative and quantitative surveys (baseline, end-line surveys etc.) at the field level as and when required Conduct regular assessments for WASH needs.
- Conduct monitoring visits to project sites and individual performance management work plans
- Responsible for preparing timely program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal and external donor requirements as per timelines
- Provide strategic guidance to the project team in developing and/or aligning program activities to meet internal and external donor goals and objectives
- Responsible for preparing partnerships mapping and building improved coordination with project stakeholders such as Government Liaison Offices, PDMAs/DDMAs, and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the project
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports on the basis of field data
- Develop a WASH strategy for the organization
- Review, monitor, and manage the budget allocated for the project and ensure the budget is utilized efficiently in-line with donor requirements and regularly provide feedback on Budget Variance Analysis to track program spending/ budget with the Head of Programs, Finance/Grant Unit and work closely with the partner on the same aspect;
- Development of Information Education and Communication Material related to WASH
- Coordinate and provide support to other team members of the Program to ensure a common approach, synergy, and sharing of information.
- In consultation with the line manager, and support from teams develop quality documents/success stories/case studies on successful WASH technology models for presentation and sharing at various levels.
- Develop linkages with Govt line departments, INGOs, UN, and academia for improved WASH services.
- Any other official task assigned by the line manager.
Fluent in English, strong Communication Skills, Report Writing, WASH expert with excellent knowledge of WASH approaches (PATS, CATS, CLTS), sound knowledge of Pakistan water and sanitation policies, Coordination Skills, Operational Research, Proposal Writing
Qualification and Competencies
- MA/ MSc, preferably environmental sciences, social sciences
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience in the NGOs sector
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent Monitoring/Reporting & Computer skills.
- Excellent training skills
- Willingness to work and travel in hard areas.
Note: Preference will be given to internal or who worked with HIN previously