|Posted date||22nd May, 2023||Last date to apply||28th May, 2023|
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Learning & Development Officer is a key member of the HR team and will provide administrative and technical support to the HR Team and Country Offices on on-boarding, learning & development, In house and outsourced trainings, employee wellbeing.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: HR Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
A. Managing Employee On-boarding:
- Send welcome emails to new employees
- Conduct Virtual mandatory induction as applicable
- Coordinate with other departments/function focal person and schedule to ensure inductions take place
B. Develop to Perform:
- Ensure that all staff communication on awareness and completion are sent by CO on time
- Conduct Develop to Perform training as required
- Collect performance clearance from SMT for their team members for annual increments
C. Employee mental Health & Well-being:
- Send all staff communication for awareness
- Coordinate identifying mental health support/service provider for CO.
- Develop staff wellbeing plan and support the management in executing the action plan.
D. Employee Engagement and culture building:
- Lead and implement culture building Action plans and follow up on implementation progress
E. Capacity building coordination:
- Coordinate on participant selection/nomination on various learning and development programs run by Asia region and Center (LHP, MHP, New Field Asia, Harvard Manage Mentor, etc)
F. Support HR Manager on Development & OD related issues
G. Point person for Learning management System (LMS)
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor Degree holder preferably with 3 years of HR operational experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Operational HR experience specifically in providing a generalist HR service across a full range of HR issues
- Experience of working as part of a team spread out in multiple locations
- Excellent skills in coordination with multi stakeholders
- Experience of meeting deadlines
- Good attention to details, proactive
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in advising and coordinating multicultural teams
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Requires you to add current salary information.
- Requires you to add cover letter.
- Resume attachment is required.
Role and Responsibilities Develop activities plan aligned with th....
Job Summary: The IP&T workstream requires the support of two interns....