Knowledge Management Officer
Based in Karachi
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. Pathfinder has been working in Pakistan since the 1980s and seeks to strengthen health systems to increase access to reproductive health services for all people. In partnership with local governments, communities, universities, and development partners we invest in empowering youth who play a significant and vital role in the furtherance process of community development. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people can choose their own paths ahead.
Pathfinder International in partnership with the governments of Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, is implementing a women-led climate resilience project locally named ‘Surmi’ in five districts of Sindh, namely Badin, Umerkot, Sanghar, Kamber Shahdadkot, and Thatta, and one district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa- Charsadda.
The Surmi project intends to enhance climate resilience in communities, particularly among women and girls. This includes 1) working with health systems to make them more resilient to emergency shocks, particularly floods and drought, and 2) bolstering resilience of women in communities by improving enabling factors for greater agency such as livelihoods (through entrepreneurial skills that are market-specific such as agricultural/ livestock/ cottage industries etc.), health (FP/MNCH, WASH, nutrition), referral linkages with public and private support systems, community/ safe spaces, financial literacy/ inclusion, gender mainstreaming, and awareness and attitudes (health-seeking behaviour, climate-specific awareness/ responsiveness, community leadership).
The following are key project objectives:
- To empower women and girls in low-resource communities with the tools, knowledge, networks, and resources to survive and thrive through todays and tomorrow’s health needs and crises.
- To build resilient, adaptable quality health systems able to meet the primary health needs of low-resource communities and withstand emergency shocks.
- To develop an integrated collaboration, learning and adaptation framework providing support for implementation and evidence for decision-making, advocacy and social good.
The Knowledge Management Officer will play a key role in supporting the implementation and success of the Surmi project by organizing the project's knowledge management activities and repository of assets. This includes working with the communications and program implementation teams to capture stories and experiences from the field in mediums that are valuable to the collaboration, learning, and sharing of lessons from the project, leading to generation of evidence to support decision-making, advocacy, and social good. The position will be based in Karachi, Pakistan.
Key Job Outcomes:
Strategic Project Plan Implementation:
Develop and implement a knowledge management strategy that supports the achievement of project objectives for climate resilience and the agency of women and girls in low-resource communities of the project districts, as well as adds to project and organizational knowledge.
Communication, Coordination and Collaboration
- Collaborate with MEL and the communications department to co-create IEC material with relevant insights and data points gleaned from reports and project activities, for different mediums and stakeholders.
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated collaboration, learning, and adaptation framework that brings together multiple stakeholders to promote the exchange of knowledge, expertise, and best practices.
Manage the project's knowledge management systems and platforms, including its online platform, database, and knowledge-sharing mechanisms, to ensure that all project stakeholders have access to the latest and most relevant information.
Prepare regular reports on knowledge management activities and contribute to project progress reports, as required. Developing data visualization of insights provided by MEL and graphic design as needed
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as communications, PR, international development, or knowledge management.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to produce insightful data visualization and infographics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders and partners.
Preferred Education and Work Experience
- Experience in developing and implementing knowledge management systems and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing knowledge management systems and strategies. Experience with relevant software suites/ resources is a plus.
- Willingness to travel regularly to project sites within the district.
Minimally Required Job-Specific and Organizational Competencies:
Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country-Specific Public Health System: basic understanding of public health systems
- Climate change programming: Understanding of climate change adaptation, food security, nutrition, and family planning/reproductive health with overall women-led resilience
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Understanding of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of programs
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Proven ability to use MS Office suite
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using English and Urdu.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work as a member of a team, ability to work with people from different cultures, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of a team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
- Travel required (30% or less)
- Uses cellular and office phones, laptops or desktop computer
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of this position.
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Kindly apply through the below link:
- Please submit your application via this website no later than July 16, 2023.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.