|Posted date||22nd March, 2023||Last date to apply||5th April, 2023|
Location of Work Station:
Type of Job:
A Program Coordinator learned in social policy, development, and law with experience in project management is required. Candidate must possess excellent knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice system in Pakistan and the rights of Pakistani citizens under the Constitution of Pakistan.
Primary Job Function:
The Program Coordinator will monitor and manage the various rule of law/governance-related initiatives and coordinate, plan, and supervise the implementation of various training sessions, litigation progress, collaborations with other CSOs/NGOs and government stakeholders, etc. The ongoing project works around sexual and gender-based violence. It is heavily geared toward advocacy with government stakeholders by providing technical and capacity-building support being complemented through various research components.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the overall project implementation in Sindh, per the project work plan and proposal. He/she will be responsible for performing the following duties but shall not be limited to:
- To monitor, manage and evaluate research projects;
- To prepare project completion reports;
- To work and contribute to the team structure that guides the formulation and development of the outcomes as laid out in the LFA;
- To review final project reports with the research results;
- Develop monthly/quarterly work plans, and manage project evaluation;
- Support knowledge management process;
- Promote work at various levels;
- Develop and implement advocacy strategy for policy reforms;
- Develop and implement LAS’ advocacy strategy,
- Formation and strengthening of community mobilization groups;
- Manage program resource mobilization, including project design and proposal writing
- Organize national and provincial level learning forums of LAS’ programs/projects,
- Develop and maintain linkages with concerned government departments and relevant ministries, youth networks, media, and parliamentarians;
- Ensure processing of project information from relevant programs, and dissemination through the communication section of the program;
- Sharing of information about LAS projects and their achievements with stakeholders;
- Manage data of pre and post-tests/evaluations;
- Ensure contract database reports are reviewed/modified monthly and kept up to date;
- Supervise the work of the other team members;
- Develop monitoring plans and tools and analyze data from various sources when needed;
- Liaises with key stakeholders as required, represents LAS at various relevant forums as requested by Senior Management, assesses new program opportunities, and assists in developing proposals for such as needed;
- Organize training, roundtables, networking events, and other activities to achieve LAS’ goal of capacity building program;
- Works together with the senior management team for future program development;
- Develops work plans, budgets, and progress reports as required by LAS, donors, and other partners;
- Organize training for the individual project teams.
- Document all project events and milestones;
- Developing and implementing contingency plans for the program;
- Managing and mitigating risks for the programs;
- Identifying processes and procedures for improvement;
- Undertake any other activity that contributes to the smooth running of the program;
- Any other official task(s) assigned by the Program Manager.
Integrated into our shared values is LAS’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, age, race, colour, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics or conduct protected by law. LAS is committed to being an inclusive organization where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at LAS has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a diverse environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Works, Anthropology, LLB, or equivalent.
- Preference will be given to project management-related qualifications and certifications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the related field is required.
- Required advanced level of English for reading and drafting various reports and knowledge of Urdu and Sindhi.
- Strong critical thinking skills to grasp concepts and contextual knowledge and lead conversations.
- Understands sensitivities around gender-based violence and actively incorporate them in all activities and interventions.
- Creative, energetic, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- Willingness to work and live in harsh conditions.
- Interested candidates may apply online latest by 5th April 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for a test and interview.
- The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
- For further information please visit http//www.las.org.pk or email us at [email protected]
Overview: The Provincial Coordinator is a crucial role within DOPASI Fou....