|Posted date||21st March, 2023||Last date to apply||31st March, 2023|
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK) project, funded by the Foreign Commonwealth Development Organization (FCDO) is implemented through various partners and aims to expand access to and quality FP services in the public and private sectors. The public sector service delivery PSSD component aims to strengthen the FP systems through effective coordination, better supply chain, evidence-based decision making and quality service delivery.
The program works in 20 districts across the three provinces (KP, Sindh and Punjab).
Palladium and its consortium partner (pathfinder International) are working together to strengthen Family Planning (FP) services in the public sector across selected districts in the provinces of Punjab (6 districts), Sindh (10 districts) and KP (4 districts). For the delivery of its objectives, DAFPAK PSSD established provincial teams comprising of Team Leads and team members supporting Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Quality of Care, Coordination, and Operations in each province.
The District Quality Officer (DQO) will be responsible for coordinating quality of FP services in a cluster of districts that are geographically aligned. The cluster may include 2 to 3 districts. The position will be responsible to coordinate with district officials for the implementation of quality-of-care activities and to provide training to district-based health care providers (HCPs), , followed by on job trainings (OJT), supportive supervision and follow-up of district action plans. The District Quality Officer will have the overall responsibility as district focal person to support DAFPAK Project and liaison at District level. She/he will manage the interventions and maintain inventory of project material, help in tracking project activities and support in consolidation of reports, organize reviews, record proceedings, and ensure timely feedback for submission to Program department. An important area includes donor coordination for field visits and participation in meetings with project stakeholders.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with District Cluster Coordinator (DCC), the District Quality Officer will develop and maintain coordination with District Health Management, District Population Welfare Officer, Lady Health Worker Program Coordinator.
- DQO will coordinate with hospital and facility staff, and at the district level for project implementation under the quality of care.
- Coordinate with the DAFPAK Provincial office to seek guidelines and provide updates regarding the implementation of the work plan.
- Coordinate with district management for nomination and participation of HCPs for training as per the work plan (developed for Supportive Supervision during SQRC) on technical and clinical skills.
- Communicate and coordinate with the district team for organizing training/activities within given timelines.
- Share the work plan/activity calendar with district-level relevant stakeholders within given timelines.
- Participate in district cluster meetings with other components of DAFPAK as required.
- Responsible to coordinate and organized training on Family Planning (FP) for healthcare providers (HCPs & LHWs).
- Organize and conduct quarterly “Technical Review Committees” meetings.
- Train healthcare providers in the assigned district cluster on the Comprehensive Family Planning package.
- Co-facilitate technical training during cascade trainings) with the Master Trainers (MTs) if required.
- Conduct on-job training/coaching for standardizing LARC Services at the facility level (supportive Supervision).
- Follow trainees to certify on clinical procedures as per provincial PWD standard procedures.
- Technical support to implement Family Planning and IP standards in public sector health facilities.
- Implement and monitor a supportive supervision model through district trainers.
- Visit assigned facilities according to the planned schedule, will be responsible for coordinating and managing quality assurance (QA) processes implementation at the health facility level.
- Collect the required data from the health facilities and send it to Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinators on time.
- Monitor facility progress on action plans and assist facility staff in organizing facility data for FP services.
- Collect and report agreed means of verification for each activity on the agreed timeline.
- Prepare monthly reports to capture the major events of the program.
- Fiscal management for district activities. ? I don’t get what this means.
- Prepare all Means of Verifications for assigned activities and share them within agreed timelines
- Capture Success stories.
- Any work assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Work Experience
- Lady Doctor, Lady Health Visitors or Midwife, registered with the Pakistan Medical Commission / Pakistan Nursing Council, Pakistan.
- 3 – 5 years of clinical experience and familiarity in Family Planning and Maternal and Child Health.
- Experience and familiarity with Quality improvement processes.
- Experience of training/coaching and familiarity with competency-based training approaches preferred.
- Technical and clinical skills in the following areas as a Trainer: Family Planning and Public Health.
- Comfortable with inter-district traveling
Preferred Education & Work Experience
- Females and local candidates having familiarity with context and language would be preferred.
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office, databases, and internet applications.
- The candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an ability to adhere to strict deadlines. Must be able to work independently and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to write and speak the English language.
Minimally Required Job-Specific and Organizational Competencies:
- Training Design, Development, and Delivery: Foundational knowledge of curriculum design and development of field-based documents. Ability to deliver classroom and on-the-job training to a diverse group of participants.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using the local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated ability to learn and commit to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, and child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of assigned program or project, including program or project strategies and indicators.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
- Travel required (40% or less)
- Uses cellular and office phones, laptop or desktop computer
- This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
- Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Technical Reporting: Quality of Care Lead – Pathfinder International
Operational Reporting: Provincial Team Lead – Palladium
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behaviour that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Kindly apply through the below link:
- Please submit your application via this website no later than March 31, 2023.
Role and Responsibilities Develop activities plan aligned with th....
Job Summary: The IP&T workstream requires the support of two interns....