|Posted date||22nd March, 2023||Last date to apply||4th April, 2023|
|Category||Monitoring & Evaluation|
I)Organizational Context and Scope
In the 2022 Monsoon, Pakistan experienced an unprecedented amount of rainfall resulting in mega flooding, that submerged an estimated one-third of the country in water. Similarly, more than 33 million people have been impacted by the monsoon floods in the country since mid-June 2022. The areas that have sustained the most severe damage are within Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, and Sindh provinces. Consequently, till date, 72 districts across Pakistan have been declared ‘calamity hit’ by the Government of Pakistan (GoP).
The Community Resilience Activity-North (CRA-N) Project is designed to support community-level disaster risk reduction, resilience and conflict prevention activities within the flood-affected districts in all three provinces; In order to help the current flood-hit communities, CRA-North aims to address various needs of people ensuring that they ‘build back better’ with reduced vulnerabilities and become resilient communities. CRA-North pursues a multi-disciplinary and community-participatory approach to work in close coordination with the GoP at the district, regional and national levels.
The M&E Officer will be working directly under the administrative leadership of the CRA-North District Team Leader and under the overall supervision of the CRA-North Monitoring and Evaluation Department head. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be part of the district team and provide support in the monitoring and evaluation of the project’s interventions; coordination and implementation of the project activity evaluations, through the use and deployment of standardized MEL tools and processes;
II)Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Monitoring & Evaluations Officer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Plan & undertake regular site visits, surveys, rapid assessments, and overall monitoring & evaluation of programming activities.
- Support the development of data collection tools and activity M&E plans.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions (FGD’s) and employ other qualitative data collection tools and methods to assess and report on programming activities, outcomes, and impacts.
- Conduct interviews with direct and indirect beneficiaries to obtain feedback on the quality of CRA-North’s programming activities and recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and compile, evidence-based evaluation reports on the programming activities in collaboration with the district teams.
- Ensure that appropriate quality control efforts are in place, as program data is collected, assessed and reported; with appropriate data collection tools and approaches in place.
- Support existing district programming efforts by participating in Learning Workshops and the identification and documentation of success stories, lessons learned and impact pieces
- Update existing M&E Databases and Information Management Systems in real time on a weekly basis.
- Work with the M&E Department and program team on strengthening the use of M&E data across the program through the use and distribution of M&E reports.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in areas of Project Monitoring & Evaluation, Research, Report Writing, and related fields, preferably with experience in extensive qualitative data collection and reporting.
- Experience in M&E for DRR and small infrastructure works programs is preferred.
- Proven experience in writing, editing, and critical thinking.
- Capacity to understand and analyze the local, district, and regional implementation environment and how this environment caters to the effective design and implementation of community resilience-focused programming suitable to the geographical, cultural, and political context.
- Knowledge and experience working with USAID-funded resilience-focused programs are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with UN Agencies is preferred.
(specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in English & Urdu
We would encourage Female candidates to apply
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience
Revenue Mobilization, Investment and Trade (REMIT) ....