|Posted date||3rd March, 2023||Last date to apply||19th March, 2023|
|Category||Business & Corporate Services|
- At least 5 years of experience in an international development including demonstrated experience in:
Developing and executing partnership and programme development plans;
- Project development and proposal writing;
- Acquisition of projects;
- Project and programme management experience is an asset
- Establishing partnerships with UN agencies, international development organisations, governments, foundations, international NGOs or private sector organisations.
- Prior experience working in international organisations, international development, post-disaster and/or emergency contexts would be an advantage.
Partnership and programme development planning
- Develop a comprehensive partnership and programme development plan in line with UNOPS Strategic Plan and Regional Strategies. Using the output from the UNOPS National Infrastructure and Procurement Context Opportunities Analysis (NIPCOA) this includes country context, analysis of the regional and national development and humanitarian landscape, identification of main partners, strategic positioning of UNOPS in the potential operational niches identified, as well as growing a pipeline of opportunities in the Country Office. Ensure plan reflects in-house capacity, typology of projects and the internal tools and knowledge resources;
- Develop and maintain a mapping of donors to resource our country strategy;
- Examine risks and opportunities presented by the strategic positioning of the Country office and propose appropriate responses to ensure sustainable growth.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant Partnerships personnel at local, liaison and HQ level, as well as Project Managers and project personnel of the country offices covered by the office, to ensure aligned and coherent interactions with partners.
Proactively develop and follow up partnership opportunities
- Collaborate closely with the Project Management team to pursue new opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate humanitarian and development trends and needs to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS mandate and existing capacity.
- Research events, publications and announcements, to track and screen opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities.
- Provide advice and feedback to UNOPS HQ and Regional Office on the development of framework partnership agreements that can increase opportunities at the regional level.
- Coordinate and contribute to the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programs and draft concept notes and project document briefs for discussion with partners.
- Create and maintain oneUNOPS opportunities and engagement functionalities in alignment with UNOPS corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate technical and financial requirements, and negotiate proposals to close new project opportunities.
- Drafts agreements and/or contractual documents required for the signature and implementation of new projects.
- Understand and clearly explain UNOPS pricing policy to partners.
- Provide guidance to the diversification efforts of the Country Office in line with UNOPS strategic and Regional objectives.
- In coordination with the Communications and Reporting personnel, when available, gather content for communications and outreach materials for any countries managed within the scope of the UNOPS office or by the Partnerships Group.
Representation, interagency cooperation and partnership development
- Establish and further develop partnerships with UN agencies, international organisations, governments, foundations, international NGOs and private sector organisations to diversify project opportunities within the Country Office, explaining and demonstrating the added value that can be brought to their individual country strategies by UNOPS
- Undertake advocacy, public information and communication activities in collaboration with the Communications Officer, when required;
- Preparation of reports for external representation
- On behalf of the SAMCO Director and/or Head of Programme, participate in and report on the relevant inter-agency, donor and government coordination meetings including addressing project development issues in consultation with UNOPS project managers and technical experts when required. Take part in UN common planning and programming processes, including strategic country analysis, UNDAF, response plans, etc.
- Build and maintain a network of key partners, keeping abreast of evolving trends (social, economic, and political), including the application of innovation to project and partnership development;
- Support the Country Manager in positioning and reporting into frameworks, documentation and other publications of the UN;
- Stand in for the country manager in UNCT and other relevant platforms as required.
- Implement standards, tools and templates provided by HQ to effectively manage partnership and project development within the team to enhance/maintain UNOPS effectiveness as a provider of project services for sustainable results.
- Contribute to the ongoing research, development and implementation of best practice and innovative approaches to maximise performance and sustain achievements in project and partnership development.
- Help build partnerships capacity and negotiation skills among project managers
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building within project and partnership development.
- Provide regular feedback on existing systems, tools and resources to ensure its relevance to day-to-day operations.
- Support the Country Manager in overseeing the communications function within the mission;
- Collaborate with the communications personnel to ensure strategic inputs into our external visibility
- Supervision of the communications personnel;
- Back up for communication staff during leave or absences on urgent tasks
- Manage partnerships personnel including recruitment, performance management and training;
- Create and maintain systems enabling the smooth functioning of partnerships;
- Ensure implementation of regional or HQ systems related to partnerships;
- Preparation of departmental budgets, procurements or other functional requirements for the department.
Please visit UNOPS Career site on the link below to apply online