|Posted date||16th March, 2023||Last date to apply||26th March, 2023|
|Category||Purchasing & Procurement|
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The Building Healthy Families Activity aims to expand access to and utilization of essential health care in Pakistan, including quality family planning (FP) and maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) services, in order to improve health outcomes for some of its most vulnerable populations.
BHFA will operate in Pakistan’s Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces, addressing environmental and health barriers to the uptake of integrated FP/MNCH services.
The Administration & Procurement Specialist assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for volume administrative and purchasing services. The incumbent will exercise considerable judgment in making procurement decisions in accordance with USAID and Pathfinder International policies and regulations.
This position will assist the Building Healthy Families Activity (BHFA) project in administrative and procurement related tasks, supporting the procurement process including tendering, RFQ’s, RFP's, in accordance with existing Pathfinder and donor procurement policies. As part of the incumbent's responsibilities, he or she must be able to communicate effectively with the program and technical teams as well as educate about the organization's policies regarding Administration & Procurement.
Key Job Outcomes:
Supplies and Equipment Tracking and Delivery:
- Ensures timely tracking of all supplies and equipment sent to the relevant managers.
- Ensures timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaises with relevant managers to clarify relevant specifications.
Procurement of Goods and Services:
- Purchases goods and services, analyzes purchase requisitions, and creates new and updates existing bid specifications.
- Prepares and follows up payment requests for goods and services in a timely manner in accordance with existing Pathfinder procurement policies and guidelines.
- Coordinates, assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for volume purchasing services.
- Assist with administration of project sponsored conferences, workshops, and training activities in field.
- Assists in drafting and evaluating bid proposals; solicits and negotiates competitive pricing from vendors and makes recommendations for issuance of purchase orders and waivers of advertising.
- Reviews existing office supply contracts and coordinates the bid process in accordance with Pathfinder International procurement rules and best practices.
- Serves on committees to evaluate sealed proposals. Negotiates pricing.
Vendor Database Management
- Maintains a database of vendors.
- Investigates and resolves complex problems associated with outside vendor documentation to process purchase orders, waivers, payments.
- Ensure compliance with USAID vetting requirement, coordinate with vendors, subcontractors, and landlords for necessary documentation for preparation and submission of vetting package to mission.
- Maintain an organized procurement filling system in accordance with standard organizational policy.
- Prepares and submits procurement reports in agreed format and timeframe
- Support the supervisor's effort, or act in his/her stead in absence of supervisor, in development, implementation and monitoring of project procurement plans and strategies
Educationand Work Experience
- Bachelor´s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a procurement person, facilities management or in a similar position.
- 3 years of work experience as a Specialist/Manager working with USAID-funded projects and familiarity with the reporting procedures and systems
Minimally Required Job-Specific and Organizational Competencies:
- Purchase of Commodities: Advanced knowledge of the purchase of commodities, computer hardware and software, materials equipment, services and/or supplies.
- USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Advanced knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Procurement Process: Advanced knowledge of the procurement process and systems.
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of purchasing applications.
- Vendor Relations Management: Ability to maintain relationships with vendors
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using Urdu and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report writing.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manners
- Travel required (40% or less)
- Uses cellular and office phone, laptop or desktop computer
- This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
- Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Kindly apply through below link:
- Please submit your application via this website no later than March 26, 2023.
Tender Notice: Visibility Material required at Islamabad HelpAge In....